Anyone get low grade fevers and chills?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by TeresaBnGA, Sep 6, 2002.

1. TeresaBnGA

TeresaBnGA New Member

In the last few days I have been getting low grade fevers,around 100 and getting chills. All I can do is go to bed and cover up and wait for the meds to kick in. I was just wandering if this is a symptom of the fibro?

Soft hugs!
    Teresa :)
  2. TeresaBnGA

TeresaBnGA New Member

In the last few days I have been getting low grade fevers,around 100 and getting chills. All I can do is go to bed and cover up and wait for the meds to kick in. I was just wandering if this is a symptom of the fibro?

Soft hugs!
    Teresa :)
  3. morus

morus New Member

I have been suffering from the same thing. It seems to come most when I've been overdoing it and eating junk foods etc. It's very frustrating. My doctor thinks it might be a reaction to some of my meds. But he can't really tell me for sure. Very frustrating!
  4. Shirl

Shirl New Member

I had a low grade fever all day yesterday and last night. I also had stomach pain. But I am fine this morning.

I do get this now and then, but I believe it could be caused by certain foods and meds, or the Fibro itself.

Most of the time its followed by fatigue too.

I did what you did, go to bed and get under the covers! Best medicine for this, plus drink plenty of water and other fluids.

Shalom, Shirl
  5. BethM

BethM New Member

I often run a temp of 99.4 to 99.9. Doc doesn't consider it a fever unless it's over 100, though. I can tell when my temp starts to creep up because I start not feeling well, and when it gets over about 99.6, then I start really feeling achy and get chills sometimes, too. That's when I just want to crawl into bed and rest. I think it's part of the fibro syndrome. Sometimes when I feel good, I'll check my temp and it will be 98.something, so I think there's a correllation between the elevated body temperature and the fibro symptoms. If I could get my act together, I've thought of doing a one person study, and noting daily temps and how I feel. I'm not organized enough at the moment, though!

However, if your temp stays above 100 for more than a day or two, please check with your doctor, as you could have an infection. I know it can be difficult to tell which is infection and which is fibro.

Hope you feel better...
    Beth.
  6. garyandkim

garyandkim New Member

years. It hovers around 99.1 to 99.9. I use tobe 97.8 as a kid. I sometime turn a red hugh all over to. It's the pits.

Kim
  7. selma

selma New Member

I feel like I have a fever almost every day but have a low temp. when I take it. Go figure; I just chalk it up to
    this crazy DD take meds and go to sleep or not!!!!

I love your soft hugs. Thanks Teresa,

Love, Selma
  8. kadywill

kadywill New Member

Have had early p.m. and night fevers for years along with generalized itching and increased aches and pains. My fever is usually between 99-100.6...just enuff to make you feel yuckky!