Anyone get Pain Relief from Glucosamine ?????

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by abcanada, Dec 3, 2006.

1. abcanada

abcanada New Member

This is one thing I haven't tried, but I have IBS so I hesitated to take it as it's known to cause diarhea. Anyway I'm feeling better over the last couple of weeks so thought I'd give it a try for serious joint pain. From my neck to my toes! I hope everyone's feeling good, Laura!
  2. musikmaker

musikmaker New Member

I've not had much luck with Glucosamine myself. I have tried it off and on for 2 month periods and I never noticed any improvement. The only thing that really started managing pain for me Cymbalta.
  3. victoria

victoria New Member

Yes, but needs to be taken with the chondroitin sulfate too. There is some evidence that the chondroitin may help some more than the glucosamine...

I used the combination successfully when I had a painful bone spur; my MIL used it successfully for her arthritis, and still uses it 15 years later; several friends we've recommended it to also experienced really good results; and we put our giant breed dogs on it when they became arthritic with excellent results, seen by the fact they stopped limping. No placebo effect possible with the doggies, lol, all they knew was that they were getting treats of liver sausage!

Hope it works for you too!

All the best,
    Victoria

[This Message was Edited on 12/03/2006]