Anyone Get Pins Needles/Numbness?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by retrogirl, Sep 4, 2006.

1. retrogirl

retrogirl New Member

I've had this on and off for years mostly in my hands and feet.Sometimes they go completely numb and I can't pick up things or hold them.Lately I am starting to have it all over including my face.Any ideas?
    Thanks
  2. painintheeverywhere

painintheeverywhere New Member

You need to go to a neurologist and have them perform an EMG which tests feeling and response. I have peripheral neuropathy which means nerve damage in my hands and arms. It is very painful. With mine, it increases as I use my hands and after 2 - 5 minutes I actually drop pens, forks or any small objects I try to use. They usually try to put you on Neurontin (Gabapentin-generic) however, Lyrica works much better. It doesn't completely make pain go away, but it helps more than anything else I have tried. It never makes the numbness reverse itself though.

Good Luck and insist that the doctors do the test or you will be back and forth w/ appts until they do.

Jane
  3. JLH

JLH New Member

While at the neurologist, ask for an MRI of your complete spine. He/she may also want to do a carpal tunnel test on both of your hands. You could have a pinched nerve in your spine.