***Anyone get relief from homeopathic dr.??***

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by SherylD, Feb 16, 2006.

1. SherylD

SherylD Guest

I was thinking of going to a homeopathic doctor...I was just wonder if it would be a good idea or a waste of my time..

My sister in law sees a homeopathic dr...She has even asked him about yeast issues and he sounds like he is on the right track with it..

The bad thing is it is really expensive..But if it helped it would be sooo worth it.

I just don't handle meds. at all..

Just courious...
    [This Message was Edited on 02/16/2006]
  2. Hope4Sofia

Hope4Sofia New Member

I like him a lot. He's actually the first one to diagnose me with FMS (I was just diagnosed by a Rhemy today). I'm kind of new to all of this (tho I've had it for 15+ yrs). So far, I love the approach, care and attention he uses. My dr is actually very reasonable in his charges.

Right now I think I'm going to combine the efforts of my naturopathic dr and my rheumatologist. I like both of them and feel that the combination of western and alternative medicines might give me a well rounded treatment.

I definitely feel it could be worth your time. I would just be careful to compare their practices with what you've been studying.

Hope this helps,

Sofi
  3. SherylD

SherylD Guest

Thanks for your response..

I guess you just look for help where ever you can get it..

Sounds like you off to a good start..

I know I am heading in the right track.. I just wish I had a dr. to help.

SherylD
  4. Hope4Sofia

Hope4Sofia New Member

you will find a good dr.. Everyone says to be patient because there is a good dr out there. I'm still so early in the process that I have yet to know how great these drs are going to be but I have to give them a chance.

I will pray for good things for you.

Sofia
  5. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

she was the best. Had trained in China, did homeopathy, herbs and acupuncture plus was a midwife too!!!

My experience in NY state not so good. The Homeopath everyone thought was great was part loony and groped me....

I have used homeopathy from time to time I use Rescur Remedy too.

Good luck you are doing the protocol aren't you???

Love Anne C
  6. caroleye

caroleye New Member

I tried different ones for years, and ended up just using "symptom-relief" remedies that I buy at Whole Foods Health food store.

e.g. back pain/stomach upset/achies/

Our 8 lb maltese gets an upset stomach & within a minute after taking Carbo Veg, he's better. Problem is you just have to keep giving it as needed. But better than taking a drug.

I also take Calms Forte, along with my western meds for sleep/relaxation. I like Hylands & BHI products.

LIGHT***********carole
  7. rockyjs

rockyjs Member

I've studied homeopathy on my own for years and have very good results. There are a few different schools of thought regarding homeopathy and different programs for becoming certified. And I think there is a place for intuition as well as science.

I would only use a homeopath after getting several references and success stories. If you respond well to homeopathics (and some people don't) the results can be nothing short of amazing.

A few days ago I could hardly move from muscle and joint pain and a homeopathic remedy that I have used at times totally took it away. But it might not work for me next week - it all depends on the total picture of symptoms.

Jan
  8. nan2dance

nan2dance New Member

I have had no luck with my homeopath. he is the only one in my area. And he came highly recommended. I believe in homeopathy because I use stuff from my homeopathy kit to treat symptomatically and it works great. But for the big stuff, like CFS/FM, I've had no luck. I don't want to be discouraging but I thought you should hear a different point of view. I spent loads of money back when I was very, very sick to see him. I went for about a year. years later, just now, I went to see him again thinking that I was simply too sick before to respond properly to homeopathic treatment. Still no luck.

I haven't given up hope on homeopathy as a support. I think it is like many therapies - there are good practitioners and not-so-good ones. Get referrals and make sure the person has experience with really sick people. In this way I have had great success with acupuncture, chinese herbs, and above all massage.

I should tell you, this homeopath did take insurance when I went back to him. Medicare. Because he is a licensed Osteopath he can bill visits to Medicare.

I'd like to hear from other people, how do you know when to give up on your homeopathist? I've given up on other therapies when the practitioners started trying to play psychotherapist and tell me to cheer up, etc. That was a clear time to leave. But homeopathy, you visit just once every 2 months. All that time you're hoping he's picked the right remedy. Nothing happens. he chooses another remedy. I felt like I was being strung along ad infinitum. In the meantime I had to give up coffee. Which may sound like a minor sacrifice in the name of healing. But which is one of the single greatest supports and comforts to my true healing process! I just quit the homeopathy to go back to coffee recently. Already, I have noticed progress. Just one cup in the morning and a weight is lifted - I can feel almost normal. I can go do a little exercise, think clearly for a little while. I'm getting stronger again. I'm rambling again. I can never seem to be concise here. Sorry. But I want to be honest with you about how homeopathy has been for me. And I'm intersted to read what others have to say about this.

Get lots of recommendations. interview by phone to get a feeling about the person, their approach, and their experience. And try to get coverage if possible. But if it doesn't work out, know that there are other things out there that can help you too.

~nan2dance
  9. SherylD

SherylD Guest

Thank you for being honest...That is what I want to hear..

It was just something I was thinking of checking into..I don't handle meds. at all..so it was a thought..

Thanks
  10. Adl123

Adl123 New Member

Hi,
    My diagnosing Dr., 13 yers ago, was an M.D. who used homeopathic medications as well as regular ones. I guess you would call her an Integrated Medicine Dr..

Anyway, I credit her with what amount of health I have now. She put me on a protocol of megadoses of vitamins, minerals and other things, and added some homeopathic meds. Even though she passed away ten years ago, I still do what she told me to.

Good luck in your search. I hope you find a good Dr. Please send me some good thoughts, too. I've been searching for almost 6 yers for an Integrated Medicine Dr. here in northern California.

Oh, my original Dr. was pricey, and I had to pay right away, but she also billed my insurance, so I was reembursed. I just had to wait a couple of months.

Hugs,
    Terry
  11. Jeanne-in-Canada

Jeanne-in-Canada New Member

You'll never know till you give it a try. For those too sensitive to meds, alternative medicine is the only way, and you are already getting results w/ some of it.

For those too sensitive even for supplements it can be the only way at all. I've given meds too long a chance, several have made me permanently worse. I'm going to see a homeopath/Master Herbalist who also does live blood analysis.

Jeanne
  12. Hope4Sofia

Hope4Sofia New Member

My naturopathic dr has been very involved in my treatment. he also bills insurance. he sees me twice a week right now and with move to once a week after a bit. it hasn't cost much at all.

I don't think they are all the same. Mine really seems to care about my outcome. He has also been very knowledgable and acurate when I compare the info he gives me with the info from my rheumy.

I guess you could say he is an integrated med dr. since he does use both conventional and altern therapies.

I really think it has more to do with the Person they are than just their Title.

sofia

[ advertisement ]