Anyone get sick suddenly?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Tigger57, Dec 26, 2005.

1. Tigger57

Tigger57 New Member

I was wondering if anyone else got sick suddenly.

Christmas Eve I was doing fine and all of a sudden I didn't feel well and left my brother's house.

Yesterday, Christmas Day, we had dinner watched TV and again, I got sick suddenly and came home.

I start out doing fine, but after awhile the fatigue, pain and even diarrhea and nausea start to get the best of me. I wonder if I'm the only one.
    Hugs,
    Tigger
  2. caroleye

caroleye New Member

Tigger, not sure if this is what you have, but the San Francisco Chronicle had a front page article stating that California, Nevada, Utah & Arizona all have this.

I got it 9 days ago, and it's the worst virus I've ever had. Main symptoms, horrible body aches, fever, chills, fatigue, weakness.

Hope it's not what you have.

LIGHT************carole
  3. dononagin

dononagin New Member

Serious epedimic.. We have so many employees out right now I don't know how we are keeping the doors open!
    Hugs!
    dona
  4. Tigger57

Tigger57 New Member

Doesn't seem like flu... except this morning when I got up vomiting and the fact that I slept all day and am heading to bed soon.

I guess it's more like I get worn out in the middle of the festivities and I start to hurt all over, feel nauseaus, and just want to get the heck out.

I feel bad because my brother doesn't understand, yet he can physically see the change in me... my eyes have always been a tell tale sign of me being sick... they are usually green, but all of a sudden they get dard and half closed and... just look sick.

Tigger
  5. dafoefan

dafoefan New Member

I just came here to see if anyone else was feeling as bad as I am. I'm guessing I have the flu, too. I'm in Los Angeles area. I told my husband I can't remember feeling so awful.

Sometimes it is so hard to tell if it is just bad fibro symptoms. I'm pretty sure not at this point. I have slept all day for 3 days. Right now I'm afraid to go to sleep, I feel like I can't breath. I have 3 ice packs wrapped around my head, I look like a freak. My kids keep saying I'm mumbiling and can't understand me. What the heck is going on.

I've never gone to the hospital for flu, but this is the first time I've thought about it.

I was reading Tigger's message and I kinda can relate. I feel better late at night. I guess the only good thing is we aren't gaining any holiday pounds.

Hope we all feel better soon! Lisa
  6. doxygirl

doxygirl New Member

"YEP" it happens to me all the time!

Sometimes I will think Iam coming down with something REALLy bad and I'm going to be VERY sick and then in a few hours I'm better!

Is is so confusing not understanding what, why or how!

I hope it makes you feel better to know your definately NOt alone!

Hey Tigg, by the way how is your job and road rage control coming along? I too have to work on road rage! LOL

Hugs to you sweetie
    Doxy
  7. PVLady

PVLady New Member

I heard on the news here in Los Angeles the emergency rooms are full of flu patients. The wait to see a doctor is up to 9 hours!!! They suggest you try to see your family doctor.

Yes, many people are being hospitalized because of the flu - mostly from very high fevers, dehydration, along with complications with existing illnesses.

My husband and I had flu and and pneumonia shots. I hope that means we won't get as sick if we do get this flu. My husband has asthma and lung problems already.

[This Message was Edited on 12/26/2005]