anyone get the flu?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by caroleye, Nov 2, 2006.

1. caroleye

caroleye New Member

Well, here in Western California, the flu bug has started its attack.

Anyone else?

LIGHT************carole
  2. Kryssie

Kryssie New Member

Not that I know of here in NC. But I feel like I have the flu most of the time so I wouldnt know if I had it or not lol.
  3. Prunella

Prunella New Member

My husband, who hardly ever gets sick, came down with a bad cold with cough and congestion and has been this way for a week. I started getting it on Sunday. Of course, my symptoms are much, much worse. Severe sore throat, severe fatigue, cough, etc. Neither one of us had fever as far as I know which if you have the flu, you usually have a fever. I feel feverish, but temp is only a tiny bit above normal. This feels very much like the flu, but I am not so sure it is. Thank goodness he could go to work with it. I could never do that!

We are in Wisconsin where we have had a very cold fall. Cold, windy and snow flurries today. Yuck!

What are your symptoms? Similar to ours?
  4. Prunella

Prunella New Member

Anyone else?
  5. kriket

kriket New Member

I never get a flu shot and rarely get the flu. It has started here in Texas too. I know quite a few right now that are sick with the flu.

Kriket
  6. bluewing

bluewing New Member

How in the world can you tell when you get the flu when everything is already aching. I have to have it for a while before I can tell a difference.
  7. caroleye

caroleye New Member

Although I have all of the usual symptoms, they don't usually come "all at once".

My helper started with it........fever, severe coughing, weakness, stomach upset.

Three days later, it hit me. Only my symptoms were fever,overall body aches, severe stomach upset, weakness but only a scratchy throat; no sore throat or coughing. I'm on my 7th day.

Rare for me to get it, so I never get the flu shot. Guess next year, I'll have to "rethink" that one.

LIGHT************carole
  8. Ranigar

Ranigar Member

but not really the flu here in Ohio.DH started it 2wks. ago.He felt sick to his stomache and ate little.The next week he still couldn't eat and was tired then went to bed with chills musle aches,a slight fever and fatigue.DS last week got a cold with fever and temp with sore throat.I knew I was doomed.Yestewrday I woke up with all over aching that didn't get better.No appetite and by afternoon I hurt so bad I went to bed.A warm bath and Advil helped alot and today I feel so tired and worn out.More then usual I mean so I don't know if this is the start or the end of something.
  9. abcanada

abcanada New Member

I'm way up north in Calgary Alberta and had the flu about 6 weeks ago. Myself along with my 4 children and husband. I knew it was the flu as it involved vomiting and chest infection. I have not recovered, where as everyone else in my home was better weeks ago. I'm going through a very rough time and am wondering if I'm ever going to get better. Wishing you all well, Laura
  10. mary124

mary124 New Member

Haven't got it yet, hopefully won't. Planning on getting my flu shot later next week.
  11. Jordane

Jordane New Member

Hi Carole,

I am not sure I would know if I had caught it.My flareups consist of the flu symptoms,nausea,pain,fatigue.

I have heard it is on the run again!!

Jordane
  12. bluewing

bluewing New Member

than on FMS (I have both.) I have more energy and it's wonderful! I think it helps some with pain.