Anyone get Vivid Dream's with FM/CFS?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by juliejo, Apr 23, 2006.

1. juliejo

juliejo New Member

Hi.
    Although i have had Fm and other health problem's for many year's now just lately i have been having the most dreadful dream's that leave me so washed out and feel very ill with them.

I go to bed at about 11.30 each night and do manage some sleep until about 3.30 when i alway's need the loo.
    I then spend about a couple of hour's just laid there restless and can't get back to sleep.

I then manage a little more sleep about from about 5 in the morning and that's when i get the most horrific dream's.

This morning i woke at 7 in the morning wet through and shaking as i had the worst dream i can every remember having.
    I was kidnapped, no don't laugh. Then left in this field in the dark and all i was doing was trying to find my way home.
    I was screaming, shouting for help and this seemed to go on for for ages.

I then woke very suddenly and had to wake my husband as i was very scared. He thought i was mad as usual.!!

I then had to get up as i ached all over and felt very ill alot more than usual when i wake in the morning.

It took 2 cups of strong tea to make me become fully awake.
    Anyone else get such vived dream's like this?

Thank's for reading.
    Juliejo.
  2. mejlee

mejlee New Member

Yes, before my FM got really bad I used to have plesant dreams. Never Scary. As my FM got worse my dreams became scarier.

But not usually so realistic like yours. I tend to dream scary/bizarre, like being stuck on a maze like structure, but it was a giant dock-maze and in the water were giant sharp toothed dogs and you didn't see them until they would jump out at you! I hate it! No wonder I don't sleep well, or very long.
  3. amymb74

amymb74 New Member

or I guess I should say nightmares since I've had cfids. The worst are when I don't know if I'm awake or asleep bacause in the dream I'm in bed & something happens like somebody comes in my window or something. Also, I used to get a lot of sleep paralysis when I was just waking up or just falling asleep - that takes the cake for me as far as scary sleep situations. AMY