Anyone get wierd pin-prick sensations?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by donna13210, Mar 27, 2003.

1. donna13210

donna13210 Member

I suffer from FMS and probable CFIDS and for the past month or two I have been getting these wierd sensations as if someone had stuck me with the tip of a straight pin or I've been bitten by a bug. It is so startling it makes me jump, which is really inappropriate at work!

Let me clarify that normally I get these same sensations all the time, but on a much lower level, they don't make me jump. I just rub them and they go away. But these new ones are really strange and much more intense! They do go away when I rub that spot but it takes a few seconds. I've been getting them on my arms, legs and torso, at least once or twice a day.

Maybe it's just me, but it's just one more thing to deal with, know what I mean??

Thanks,
    Donna

2. healing

healing New Member

like everybody else says: I thought it was just ME!!

This drives me crazy. I know my husband thinks I'm nuts. I get them all the time.

Thanks for restoring my sanity, Donna.
  3. Fireball

Fireball New Member

Yes, about 2 months ago I developed a strange rash that
    itched a lot. I scratched many of the blisters open. It spread some. Then after most of the rash was gone I noticed that I had a painful sensation as if I had a pin pricks all over, especially on my back. It just comes and goes now. Another Fibro symptom? I sure do have a number of different symptoms.
  4. jkd7058

jkd7058 New Member

I've been experiencing that for the past month. I first thought I was having a reaction to a new lotion. Then I thought I was being bitten by bugs. I even got up one night and took another shower - which didn't help things. I tried a lotion which was suppposed to help you if you had "really itchy skin" - to no avail. I thought it would drive me crazy then it stopped. I sure hope it doesn't come back.
  5. 2girls

2girls New Member

I get this very often. Feels almost like being bitten by a bug. Once in a while I get this along with a rash (several tiny red bumps in one area). I get what looks like a charlie horse in the area, it becomes very itchy and sore and then bruises, and finally goes away altogether.
    Strange stuff...

2girls
  6. pam_d

pam_d New Member

Very common for us to get these weird neurological sensations. I also get the kind of mild itchy feeling that bugs are crawling on my skin. Also one that feels like a hair is brushing against my skin when it's not really there. Really annoying, though I've gotten kind of used to it. They do tend to come & go....

Hugs,
    Pam
  7. Kurt

Kurt New Member

I get them on my face and around my eyes. I usually describe it as a pins and needles feeling. Or sometimes it feels like I walked into a spider web on my face, and I need to pick it off my face. The bug description also works too. What ever it is, it sure can be annoying. I do not get it as near a much as I use to. I thought I read somewhere that Magnesium can help prevent that, but I could be wrong. When I started taking Magnesium (ZMA), the sensation starting to be less severe. It could have gone away from the medication I am taking too. Or maybe, it just went away on its own. Who knows???????

Kurt

8. Bigfoot

Bigfoot New Member

I thought I was the only one that got these sensations! I should know by now that I'm never alone with thid DD. This was my first symptom of FMS. I get these sensations almost constantly throughout the day. Some days are better than others, but when the "pricks" are intense it's almost unbearable. I've tried Elavil, Nortriptyline, Neurontin, Darvocet, Vicodin....nothing helps..at least for me. The doctors don't know what else to try. Showers, humidity, rubbing my skin, exercise, stress, make it worse. I'm sure there is something out there that will help, we just need to find it. Hang in there and know that you're not alone!
    Take care. Dave
  9. averilpam

averilpam New Member

I had something like this - lasted a few years - on a patch of my leg, a bit like ants crawling round on my leg, it drove me mad at night trying to get to sleep. My doctor said it was a nerve thing I couldn't do anything about. It eventually decreased and went off. Now I occasionally get it a bit, on my leg and also across the back of my shoulders, but not so severely.
    Pam
  10. donna13210

donna13210 Member

Thank you all for your replies, I FEEL SO VALIDATED!

PamD, I also get the feeling of a hair or a bug crawling on my skin. I'm so glad you mentioned that! I used to always freak and check for the "bug". Now I constantly ignore them. One of these days I might actually have a big hairy spider in my shoe and I'll think it's only the fake sensation! :)

Quick story: A few years ago, I slipped into bed and got the usual pin-prick sensation on my calf. I ignored it as usual, hoping it would go away. Instead, it got worse and worse until I actually yelled "OW!". I stuck my leg out from beneath the covers and in the moonlight I could see something small and dark on my leg! I flicked it off, turned on the light, and it was a bee! I was actually being stung and was just laying there taking it! It was totally bizarre.

Thank you all again,
    Donna
  11. jkd7058

jkd7058 New Member

Donna -
    That was a good one. I needed a good laugh!!! (Not laughing at you - but with you LOL)

Jan