Anyone Get Yeast Infections In Bellybutton?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by dreamharp, Nov 25, 2005.

1. dreamharp

dreamharp New Member

When I became ill with fibro/CFS I tend to get bellybutton
    yeast infections. Hormone changes seem to make it worse.
    Hydrogen peroxide clears it for a while. Anyone else
    have this?
  2. auntyemnga

auntyemnga New Member

Dreamharp,

This is so weird. Just this morning I noticed something yellowish/white in my belly button. I had no idea what it was so I didn't think twice about it. I'm now wondering if it was yeast!

Thanks for posting this subject,
    Sheila
  3. Tamzyn

Tamzyn New Member

My doctor told me to use Tinactin and it isn't helping. I don't have anything white as yeast would be but it is dark pink and if I clean with alcohol it burns so I use hydrogen proxide without relief.
    Tamzyn
  4. grandmasheri

grandmasheri New Member

Hi, I have been getting this for years. Just cleaning it out a few times a day with a warm washcloth seems to help, usually goes away in a couple of days. also has a nasty oder, like something crawled in there and died lol
    dr. says no worry, just another unexplained symptom, as if we don't already have enough of those!!
    Peaceful Holidays Sheri
  5. islandgirl2

islandgirl2 New Member

I also noticed a belly button redness, odor and couldn't figure out what caused it..but it did start around the fibro
    beginning....one of the early signs I suspect..and a most persistant one....I used a q-tip and h.p...full strength...it foams slightly..indicating bacteria present....when it stops..I wash and dry the area. It helps but doesn't cure it.....I wonder if it is a yeast infection and if the detox program will help...It will be interesting to see. I really think this is an indicator of
    things going on elsewhere...I am curious to hear others solutions or thoughts.
  6. ellie5320

ellie5320 New Member

I get a very sore red one and it also has the worst smell I just thought I was slack about drying it never thought about it being a fungus explains a lot of things
    linda
  7. sleepyinlalaland

sleepyinlalaland New Member

I just thought everybody's button smelled. But what do I know...never asked anyone else! Seems like it would mainly depend on how much of an innie you have. If you get "lint" (or whatever the heck that is) in there, and the depression has limited oxygen exposure...well, wouldn't it be natural it would be kinda smelly? I mean, if you stick your finger in it. This is a weird conversation, huh.

I do know that ocassionally mine will get red and sore, and I guess it could indicate a yeast situation.

Hmmm......strangely interesting. :)
  8. Banka8

Banka8 New Member

I get this also. Here is what is happening. Your belly button is trapping dirt and moisture. Make sure you wash it out everyday when you bath and dry it well. Then use Gold Bond Powder or baby powder. If it is irritated you can use an over the counter antibiotic cream or use some alcohol if you can stand the sting for a few minutes.

My sister just complained to me the other day that her belly button was irritated. I told her wash it, dry it, and powder it.

Judy

9. ulala

ulala New Member

There is an anti fungal cream called Sporonox that works great for this. Your dermatologist may have samples!

The capsules also work for fungal and yeast infections, but it makes me so tired!
    [This Message was Edited on 11/27/2005]