ANYONE GET ZAPPY SHARP HEAD PAINS?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Cromwell, May 1, 2006.

1. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

If so does anything help? For the last week I have had these zappy electric like sharp pains zapping an area about three inches behind and above the right ear and on the very top of the head above and a little in the top of the forehead. Head feels thick as if I bumped it all the time, then these surges of sharp fleeting pains going on all day and night.

Anyone? I have had MRI and CAT scans and all was OK except neck issues similar to nearly everyone elses. Wondering if any one can give me some useful feedback?

Love Anne C It is a glorious Spring day in NY.
  2. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

For more answers. Tx for your. Board is whizzing today!!!

Love Anne C
  3. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

i have had these come and go thru the years...i never mentioned it to my dr's though...i fugred it was from my neck or the fibro stuff...it will feel like i have a knot up there...

and i think it is pressure on the nerves,,,

that is my unprofessional dx....i know i have went in for acupuncutre and he will feel these nice knoted up aread and it will get a needle in htere and it will release some of the pain ging toward the area...so i just personally believe for m e it is the just the tenderspots and/or neck problmes i have

jodie

myabe wrap your neck up in ice to hlep bring down some swelling...i know mine feels like someone is stabbing me with a sharp instrument at times....

jodie
  4. puddin827

puddin827 New Member

Does it sound like a zap of electricity ? I get a noise in my head that reminds of that.
  5. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

Just these zaps, BUT if I press against my temple I hear a whining buzz. They don't move. Just zap away all day. Woke up wiht this last Monday after I had to fast for 24hrs for a test. Weird. I am seeing my doctor tomorrow(the nice one) so I am hoping he can clear this up and the stitch in side pain too. Yikes, this DD sure creeps about the old body!.

Love Anne C
  6. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

Hye glad to hear from you we were posting looking for you as you have been off a while. Know you were ill. Hope you are a bit better.

Strangely I had stopped taking the 5mg of Amitryptiline, and the zaps were so bad last night I took it and the zaps went away. It could be because I slept better. Who knows. Went to doc today and he said it sounds like a misfiring nerve.

Love Anne C
  7. musikmaker

musikmaker New Member

I get this also. For me Cymbalta seems to help manage all of the nerve tingling, shocks, misfires. I still get some but its a lot milder on not as often. Another thing that helps stop it is to put cold towels on your temples and forehead.
  8. FMsolider

FMsolider New Member

I did when I was taking Wellbutrin and then when I tried Ultram - neither of those drugs worked for me so, I quit them the head pain went away.
  9. CoralFlower

CoralFlower New Member

I get them and I don't take any medicines - scans have been fine, but those zaps are SCARY to me!

CoralFlower