Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Cromwell, May 1, 2006.

1. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

If so does anything help? For the last week I have had these zappy electric like sharp pains zapping an area about three inches behind and above the right ear and on the very top of the head above and a little in the top of the forehead. Head feels thick as if I bumped it all the time, then these surges of sharp fleeting pains going on all day and night.

Anyone? I have had MRI and CAT scans and all was OK except neck issues similar to nearly everyone elses. Wondering if any one can give me some useful feedback?

Love Anne C It is a glorious Spring day in NY.
  2. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

For more answers. Tx for your. Board is whizzing today!!!

Love Anne C
  3. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

i have had these come and go thru the years...i never mentioned it to my dr's though...i fugred it was from my neck or the fibro will feel like i have a knot up there...

and i think it is pressure on the nerves,,,

that is my unprofessional dx....i know i have went in for acupuncutre and he will feel these nice knoted up aread and it will get a needle in htere and it will release some of the pain ging toward the i just personally believe for m e it is the just the tenderspots and/or neck problmes i have

myabe wrap your neck up in ice to hlep bring down some swelling...i know mine feels like someone is stabbing me with a sharp instrument at times....

4. puddin827

puddin827 New Member

Does it sound like a zap of electricity ? I get a noise in my head that reminds of that.
  5. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

Just these zaps, BUT if I press against my temple I hear a whining buzz. They don't move. Just zap away all day. Woke up wiht this last Monday after I had to fast for 24hrs for a test. Weird. I am seeing my doctor tomorrow(the nice one) so I am hoping he can clear this up and the stitch in side pain too. Yikes, this DD sure creeps about the old body!.

Love Anne C
  6. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

Hye glad to hear from you we were posting looking for you as you have been off a while. Know you were ill. Hope you are a bit better.

Strangely I had stopped taking the 5mg of Amitryptiline, and the zaps were so bad last night I took it and the zaps went away. It could be because I slept better. Who knows. Went to doc today and he said it sounds like a misfiring nerve.

Love Anne C
  7. musikmaker

musikmaker New Member

I get this also. For me Cymbalta seems to help manage all of the nerve tingling, shocks, misfires. I still get some but its a lot milder on not as often. Another thing that helps stop it is to put cold towels on your temples and forehead.
  8. FMsolider

FMsolider New Member

I did when I was taking Wellbutrin and then when I tried Ultram - neither of those drugs worked for me so, I quit them the head pain went away.
  9. CoralFlower

CoralFlower New Member

I get them and I don't take any medicines - scans have been fine, but those zaps are SCARY to me!

[ advertisement ]