Anyone getting fatter from "The Shake"

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Cakedec, Jul 1, 2006.

1. Cakedec

Cakedec New Member

I started using "The Shake" in January while getting off anti-depressants and now I think I have put on weight during that time. Not really from the shake itself, but I think because of the carbs in it (apple, strawberries or bananas, molasses, etc.) I felt like I was getting a sugar high on it for a couple hours, then crashing down and wanting to eat everything in sight, so ended up having two breakfasts.

Tried adding plain yogurt for protein to see if that helps, tasted better, but didn't seem to make a difference. Maybe it's just my imagination and this is just winter blubber, but am thinking of stopping the shake now and just eating a low-carb breakfast of high protein foods like eggs, low fat meats, etc. I tried it today and didn't crash, wasn't even hungry until lunchtime.

Just curious how this affected others on "The Shake".

Deb
  2. carebelle

carebelle New Member

I get fat from thinking about any kind of food .I have steady gained weight from 145 in 6 years at 245 now.And I've tried everything.
  3. sascha

sascha Member

yes, i am having the plump factor creeping up on me. i do a lot of shakes. i've just copied the recipe down for the one with molasses, and want to try variations on that. if i could exercise more or reliably, it would help a lot. i used to be quite athletic, but now i crash when i overdo, and sometimes there's lag-time between the doing and the crashing, so it's hard to take precautions. i like the idea of doing a four-serving shake; that would save time. i'll try to cut down on some of the coc.oil i'm taking, and cut higher-glycemic foods, and keep trying to find amount of exercise i can do. it's weird because i can bicycle a bit, but can't walk far at all. BUT two days ago i and a friend took a dog for a pretty long walk (i was dog-sitting) and i did fine. didn't limp, ache, hurt all over- i'm wondering if the coc.oil again is working on my chronic CFIDS symptoms.
    i hope people keep information coming on how to eat very healthily and not put on weight. i know there's no magic bullet- i have to cut down on portion size; and that's hard! best to all, sascha