Anyone getting Soc. Security Supplemental Income? SSI?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by GoDaleJr, Nov 1, 2002.

1. GoDaleJr

GoDaleJr New Member

My appt. with SSDI is in a few weeks. The lady said she is recommendeing SSI as well as SSDI for me. I need to know what kinds of things they count as ASSETS. I know my car, but what else?? TV? Washer and dryer? horse? I don't own a home, or boat or any stocks. And my car is only worth about $1,000, if that. It's a 1991.
    I also own a lot of antiques. Do they count that?
    Any info. on assets, please. thanks.
  2. GoDaleJr

GoDaleJr New Member

My appt. with SSDI is in a few weeks. The lady said she is recommendeing SSI as well as SSDI for me. I need to know what kinds of things they count as ASSETS. I know my car, but what else?? TV? Washer and dryer? horse? I don't own a home, or boat or any stocks. And my car is only worth about $1,000, if that. It's a 1991.
    I also own a lot of antiques. Do they count that?
    Any info. on assets, please. thanks.
  3. Shirl

Shirl New Member

I can't help, but am bumping your post as I know others will have some answers for you, they are just not here right now!

Shalom, Shirl
  4. charlie47

charlie47 New Member

Hi I'am charlie [female] I get SSI u can't have 3,000 in assets. They don't count your first car or your home.Any thing else they count. On SSDI I dont think they count your assets. But please check on it somemore, the laws could be different now. I hope I was of some help. Good luck!!!!
  5. allhart

allhart New Member

im about to go to court for ssi anyways im not sure what the limits are go to the SSA website youll probley find it there
  6. JaciBart

JaciBart Member

Only Chronic Fatigue, we need to get our Drs to change our diagnosis to read both maybe??

I have not applied, I am just sure that any day now I will discover the cause & then I will be independantly wealthy as you all will send me money indefinitely !!!!

Jaci