Anyone getting treated by Dr Lerner for CFS ?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia and ME & Chronic Fatigue Syndrome' started by deepak, Aug 28, 2012.

1. deepak

deepak Member

Does anyone have any experience with Dr Martin lerner who says the cause of CFS is EBV, CMV or HHV6 and has a protocol of extended antiviral therapy with which he says he has cured many patients ?

Love,
    Deepak
  2. Marta608

Marta608 Member

Deepak, I just responded to your post about Valtrex. In it, I mentioned Dr. Lerner.

Yes, there are others here who have seen him. If you put "Dr. Lerner - MI" in the search bar up in the right hand corner of this screen, you will find many threads/posts about this subject.

Marta
    [This Message was Edited on 08/29/2012]
  3. MicheleK

MicheleK Member

I was a patient of Dr. Lerner's for 2 years. I now go to a different CFS expert. I travel 11 hours to see him. Dr. Lerner is 10 minutes from my house. Enough said.
  4. deepak

deepak Member

Have you tried Valtrex or anything else for EBV ?

Deepak
  5. cwhris

cwhris New Member

Deepak, I have been a patient of Dr. Lerner's for 15 yrs. I was actually paralyzed by a virus. I recovered minimally, then was referred to Dr. Lerner. When I first saw him I was constantly in bed, in severe pain and so foggy mentally that I couldn't understand my childrens conversations. I am living 15 yrs past the prognosis I was given by a neurologist . I have chronic EBV and HV6 . I also had Lyme, which was caught and treated when it first started. Dr. Lerner has been relentless in trying to help me. He is the only dr I know whose office I can get into within hours if I'm in trouble, and who has always seen me in the hospital regardless of the reason I may be there. I see him as a highly dedicated doctor with a genuine interest in caring for people. I would recommend him highly. Good luck to you !