Anyone go Christmas shopping today or going tomorrow?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by fibrobutterfly, Nov 24, 2006.

1. And fight the crowds and lines. I did and OMG everything I went for was GONE already and I was out at 630am! I am beyond tired.
    Although I was disappointed with the sales, not so great.
  2. victoria

victoria New Member

I have never done this nor will I... I cannot take those crowds etc... And anyway worn out from making food yesterday and eating, lolol!

The best time to go shopping in my opinion is the day before Thanksgiving -- as long as your chosen venue is NOT the grocery store, hehehehe!

Seems like anyway an awful lot of stores have already had a lot of big sales. Even Michael's coupon was for Sun-Wed., didn't include today or tomorrow.

I did read that consumer spending was expected to be down this Christmas due to slump in housing sales, higher credit card debt, and insecurity about jobs... maybe the stores are smart putting it all on sale early and extending the 'shopping season'...

all the best,
  3. One month until Christmas.It's hard to believe. I am so far behind.
    Livnlife is that you in your photo, or is that your 20 yr. old daughter? If it's you, you look SO young! (and pretty)
  4. Denamay

Denamay New Member

Does going Christmas shopping yesterday count?

In our family the girls have a tradition of spending one day together, shopping and then going out for a nice meal.

There are my two daughters and their daughters and myself.

We have such a good time looking and giving each other hints and trying to hide the gifts we buy each other.

I must admit that I get tired and yesterday had to call it quits for awhile.

We have been doing our annual shopping trip for about 15 years.

We are growing in numbers as the grandaughters get older. Dennamay
  5. I still am exhausted, can't seem to catch up on sleep/rest. We have had nicer weather than usual, so I am thinking I am coming down with a sinus infection. UGH!