anyone going through forclosure?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by lucy2create, Mar 19, 2009.

1. lucy2create

lucy2create New Member

I recently let my house go into forclosure after struggling a couple of years trying to hang onto it. I have lived there for 33 years, at one time it was paid for.I borrowed money using it as calateral.
    It was auctioned off on the courthouse steps for about 1/4th of what it is worth.

Someone informed me that I had a legal right to redeem my house for the next year. Meaning that I could buy my house back for what it sold for plus what needed repairs they had made cost .Now if they make changes that really don't need to be done, I would not have to pay for that.

I sold some property a few years ago and financed it............

Another thing I was told is you had sold some property and financed it, that mortgage you hold could also be sold.Of course you would have to take less but could have money in a lump sum right now.

I wanted to share this because I am sure there are people that could benefit from this information.

Also as far as bankruptcy chapter 7 fit my needs more than any other like 11 or 13. Before I could do this I would have to sell the mortgage on the property and stash the money somewhere where it could't be found.

It's sad when a person is ill and has to do things that are not right to be able to live. I am disabled, and have had 1 neck surgery and two back surgeries.

Just wanted to share. I used to visit here but since I moved I just recently got the internet back.
  2. lucy2create

lucy2create New Member

I had told the bank I was in a strain and asked if they could help. The answer was NO. THen when this economic downfall became evident they called and asked me if I would consider working with them.

I had signed another lease for a year at the apartment complex where I had partially moved into. You say you had been moving for a year.....Yea.....The house had 11 rooms 4610sq. feet 4004 heated and cooled space, it was out in the country. I had only one acre, but had 2 shops on it, fenced in back yard. I could see all the cattle from the farms around me.

I loved the country, but couldn't do the yard work and keep the outside up.Ivan blew a tree down in the front yard and the big stump was still there.

My neighbors bought the house for 45,000.00 it would cost you 150,000.00 plus just to build it.

I had new windows,11,000.00, a metal carport added 2,500.00, beautiful cherry floors 4,000.00 tin ceilings in two rooms 20.00 a 2 foot panel each.

I just thought I would always be there.

No I am not a member of AARP never thought it would benefit me much.

Thanks again. Lucy2
  3. lucy2create

lucy2create New Member

I had told the bank I was in a strain and asked if they could help. The answer was NO. THen when this economic downfall became evident they called and asked me if I would consider working with them.

I had signed another lease for a year at the apartment complex where I had partially moved into. You say you had been moving for a year.....Yea.....The house had 11 rooms 4610sq. feet 4004 heated and cooled space, it was out in the country. I had only one acre, but had 2 shops on it, fenced in back yard. I could see all the cattle from the farms around me.

I loved the country, but couldn't do the yard work and keep the outside up.Ivan blew a tree down in the front yard and the big stump was still there.

My neighbors bought the house for 45,000.00 it would cost you 150,000.00 plus just to build it.

I had new windows,11,000.00, a metal carport added 2,500.00, beautiful cherry floors 4,000.00 tin ceilings in two rooms 20.00 a 2 foot panel each.

I just thought I would always be there.

No I am not a member of AARP never thought it would benefit me much.

Thanks again. Lucy2