Anyone going to FCC have MCS?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by suz9601, Feb 13, 2006.

1. suz9601

suz9601 Member

Just wondered if anyone going to FCC had Multiple Chemical Sensitiviey? There is no way I could take the 50 plus pills they give you. I would be lucky to do one pill to start with. I just wondered how they worked w/people like that. I asked the receptionist and she said they would work w/me, but I really wonder if it woudl be worth it to find out so much is wrong, but not be able to do anything about it since I am so sensitive to everything.

Anyone else have MCS? Thanks
  2. Bunchy

Bunchy New Member

Why does raising glutathione help with MCS and what form did you take? I live in the UK and we do not have FFC centers here,

Bunchy x
  3. suz9601

suz9601 Member

Thanks Ellis. I'll check it out
  4. Jen102

Jen102 New Member

but am severely affected by mcs--housebound. I have been getting glutatihone iv's since last summer and I am less sensitive now than i have been--hope the progress continues.

glutathione is a powerful antioxidant--sometimes called the master antioxidant. I understand that several antioxidants are needed to detox our bodies from waste from cellular function, and also from endogenous exposures/wastes. I understand the antioxidants move wastes in chains, combining with an anti-o, then passing on the new molecule to the next ant-o, with glutatnione being the last in the chain.

i think glutathione is made in the body from other pre-cursors such as NAC, alpha-lipoic-acid, and whey protein (watch if dairy intolerant). Somehow, supplementing with these has never helped, tho the glutathione has been life-saving.

blessings to you. jen102 --forgive my typing tonight--fingers are not working
  5. elliespad

elliespad Member

Yes, exposure to pesticides RAPIDLY depletes Glutathione and causes a Cascade of Free Radical damage. Glutathione is different than Reduced Glutathione. You can naturally boost your Reduced Glutathione levels using : Alpha Lipoic Acid, N-Acetyl-Cysteine, Undenatured Whey (Powerful stuff, go SLOW).

I believe, Glutathione levels are our key to why we are sick and how to get well. I believe "we" have a genetic predisposition to have impaired regeneration of Glutathione THEN, ALSO have the misfortune of having been exposed to a variety of pesticides.

Thats my rant, and I'm sticking to it.

Also, aside from the bodies' internal detoxification methods, you can use Bentonite Clay liquid, Cholestyramine (an RX), and Chitosan, Spirulina, Chlorella, Wheat Germ Grass, . These bind to many pesticides (and some heavy metals) and piggy back out into the toilet. Also, Far Infrared Sauna .
  6. ldbgcoleman

ldbgcoleman New Member

My experience is the FFC Drs are extremely open minded and will work with you to find the treatment that works for you. This is not a cookie sutter approach but is highly individualized. Good Luck Lynn
  7. Bunchy

Bunchy New Member

Thanks for the info _ I would like to try the undenatured whey but don't know if you can get it in the UK. Off to do a search now on that and the other things mentioned.

Thanks again,

Love Bunchy x