Anyone going to see HHDL in Toronto?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Rafiki, Oct 22, 2007.

1. Rafiki

Rafiki New Member

I just asked one of my ex.s to get me a ticket to see the Dalai Lama and he did!!! I'm in section B!!! Last time, I was up with the pigeons!!!

I'm so excited!

Is anyone else going?

Peace out,

[This Message was Edited on 10/22/2007]
  2. Rafiki

Rafiki New Member

If this doesn't work for some reason, just Google "Dalai Lama Toronto Oct 31".

3. Rafiki

Rafiki New Member

And, if you're in the same section we can wear funny hats so that we recognize each other and say hello.

with much metta,

I have to do some finagling, too! I don't know who's going to dogsit! My dog sitter closes at 6! Don't laugh, he's a sentient being. Too sentient, sometimes.
    [This Message was Edited on 10/22/2007]
  4. Rafiki

Rafiki New Member

Yet another opportunity to practice non-attachment. Bummer. I will not lose heart just yet.

It would be such fun to meet. Speaking of meeting, I left a message for you on the other thread... we are playing hide and seek. If you're here now, we should try to be in the same thread at the same time and I'll tell you the name of the TG Doc. I don't know why I don't just post it... don't know at all.

Let's try to meet in this thread at 9 pm if you're on.

My little guy! My little guy! I have had such amazing dogs that I simply cannot see them as anything other than a little bit better than us. I know the rational for the supposed benefits of being human but...

In his Dog Book on my Face Book he is identified as Guru and in the "About me" section it says: If I lick your face, your true nature will be revealed. :~)

He's amazing!

Peace out,
  5. Rafiki

Rafiki New Member

at Mr. Sinai but I'm still checking in another window

[This Message was Edited on 10/23/2007]
  6. boltchik

boltchik New Member

That sounds like an amazing opportunity! I hope you and Terch get to meet up, that would be fun. You will have to tell us all about it when you get back. Kim :) BTW, I think Canada has all the answers. ;)

[This Message was Edited on 10/23/2007]
  7. Rafiki

Rafiki New Member

He sounds delish! And mine, well, he is my little love guru!

Did you get everything you need?
  8. Rafiki

Rafiki New Member

Big golden lab finds little wild chocolate lab in the grass!!! So much love!

DOG = GOD if everything happens for a reason... :~)

9. Rafiki

Rafiki New Member

is part of everything for me. Developing enough patience and compassion to understand empathy and, of course, forgive myself for screwing up so much!

Without ME, I wouldn't have found it. I'd be running around full of self importance and self loathing.

I would have like that card, too! Who wouldn't?!

10. Rafiki

Rafiki New Member

you looked down and saw it!

I noticed it in my mid 40s. I nearly bled to death and realized it was all good and thought to myself: I think I just went Zen! I had resisted all this foolishness so much that I had to go Google Zen! Amazingly, I had gone Zen... had an experience of Satori. But, I had been looking without knowing I was looking for a long time.

It doesn't matter when you find it. It is simple truth. Certain ways of being increase suffering and mindlessness and other ways of being increase happiness, compassion and mindfulness.

Simple. Be happiness. Nothing can harm you as much as your own unguarded thoughts. An unruly mind is worse than an unruly pupppy! Simple.

I do hope you get to see HH. And, Clare!

With much metta to you!
  11. Rafiki

Rafiki New Member

but have copied it and if your interested I will post again when you're around.

We have such a unique story that I do not feel comfortable laying it out in a public place where family members could find it and be hurt by it. I'm sure I'm being overly cautious but there it is.

Night, night.

with metta,
  12. tansy

tansy New Member

Hope you're pacing well to maximise your energy levels.

TC, Tansy