anyone gone to a nutritionist and improved?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by sunflowergirl, Sep 8, 2008.

1. sunflowergirl

sunflowergirl Active Member

I was reading about a Dr. Anita Pepi, a DC in los angeles, who claims with the right supplements she can make anyone healthy. I hate to say it, but I'm skeptical.

How about those of you who have gone to fibromyalgia clinics where they give you a ton of supplements?
  2. Tawra

Tawra New Member

It sort of helped and sort of didn't.

It did help ease my pain. I went from a 1 (being dead on the couch) to a 3 or 4 on scale of 10.

I was on over $250 a month worth of supplements, tried changing my diet and it really wasn't worth it.

I'm on a new anti-depressant called Pristiq and feeling much better! I would say I'm a 6 now.

They are ok but not worth the money in my opinion.
  3. Catseye

Catseye Member

They can definitely help, they're what most of us need. We have digestive problems preventing us from absorbing and utilizing the nutrients from our food. The multiple deficiencies that develop over time are responsible for the majority of our symptoms. I've been on diet change and supps for about 6 months now and experienced dramatic improvement. It's certainly possible if you find the right doctor. Mine is at becomehealthynow, he has a free quiz you can take and free phone consultation from the quiz. It can't hurt. I decided he knew what to do just from talking to him for a few minutes. I'm very happy I decided to go with him. It's quite costly, but it's working.

First things first, low carb diet with betaine hcl and zinc and some other digestive aids. He does everything based on laboratory testing, so he can really narrow down what is going on in your body. Why don't medical doctors use these same tests? Because they will only sell you drugs and you can't treat gut dysbiosis and liver congestion with drugs. Drugs need to be detoxified by the body in order to be eliminated and you can't fix the organs of elimination and detoxification with things they need to detox in the first place.

I don't know about Pepi's ability, but if she's good and uses things like the comprehensive stool analysis, she could be on the right track. See my thread called "toxic guts, toxic body, why do a comprehensive stool analysis" for info about what tests I did and what they showed.

good luck