Anyone got any natural gallbladder treatments?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Dee50, Dec 20, 2005.

1. Dee50

Dee50 New Member

I'm looking for some natural gallbladder treatments.

I only no of one. And it's to rough for me.

I'm not dealing with stones but believe my gallbladder is having functioning problems just the same.

I'm hopeing I'm not to late and can help it and not have to remove it.

A 3 days juice and water fast and on the last day of fast you drink 1/2 cup olive oil and 1/2 of lemon juice 1/2 hour before you go to bed and lay on your right side.

The lady that uses this treatment told me that the olive oil and lemon part folds her up in cramps for the whole next day and that she has to do this flush about every 3 months.

My blood sugar would go nuts on any type of a fast, to much sugar in juices.
    And this one sounds dangerous to me.

Anyone got a better plan one thats easy on the gallbladder?

Dee50

[This Message was Edited on 12/20/2005]
  2. Bailey-smom

Bailey-smom New Member

I, too, had those #$&% gallbladder pains. Even a banana would set it off - I did get tired of dealing with it and just had it taken out. I can't believe the difference it made.

I had never heard of a "home remedy" for these pains - I hope you find what you are looking for.

Kelly
  3. tansy

tansy New Member

The kitchen doctor website has info on gall bladder flushes along with the warnings on how horrible it can feel for a while.

I first started to get gall bladder pain and problems as an aftermath of surgery for something else. Two years later tests showed inflammation in the ducts from the liver, this was put down to the virus that triggered my ME/CFS which they told me was also affecting my liver. More than 2 decades later I still have my gall bladder and rarely have any gall bladder pain.

I tried the flushes a few years ago but I could not tolerate lemon juice then, or the required amount of apple juice, so I took the slow and steady route. This slow and steady route involved a nutritional approach along with relatively gentle herbal combinations to assist liver and gall bladder function. These measures were incorporated into treating leaky gut, candida, and other related problems.

I use turmeric for other problems, it's amazing what this spice can do, it's good to know taking it helps the GB as well.

Good luck Dee there are other means to treat gall bladder problems, they can often be found in the books, and on the web sites, where there's lots of info on self help measures and non pharmaceutical treatments for problems related to the liver.

Some of the infections being found in these DDs can cause gall bladder and liver problems, borreliosis/lyme and babesia are just two examples.

love, Tansy[This Message was Edited on 12/20/2005]
  4. Dee50

Dee50 New Member

Thank you sooo much Stormyskye and Tansy.

I copied and I'm reading your information now.

To ill to look for it on my own right now.

Thanks this gives me choices :)

Thanks for taking the time to help me.

Happy Holidays,
    Dee50
  5. Dee50

Dee50 New Member

Hi Vilke,
    Thanks for the information.

I've had an ultra sound and a hidascan. I'm waiting to hear from my doctor about them. The tech that did my ultra sound said she doesn't see any stones.

From what I've been reading there is a fluid that can build up in the gallbladder when a person is dealing with a chronic illness. I'm wondering if EBV by itself can do this damage.

I'll know more after I talk with my doctor. I fear that if I lose my gallbladder the FM will go though the roof pain and movement wise.

Thanks for your post.
    Dee50
  6. sk8ter

sk8ter New Member

I have kept the surgeon away for over a year now. I tried diets, flushes etc. but the only thing that works for me is Standard Process items called Betafood, AF Betafood, and Choline after every meal. I use a nutritionist in San Diego area who has a website Gallbladderattack,com who has saved me.
    Betafood is a wholefood item from beets. Beets have an enzyme in them that thins the bile. I do not have stones but have had sludge. I know that sounds funny! Betafood can stop an attack if you take 1 every hour until it is gone. But one should always keep an eye on it anyway. I have an ultrasound every 6 months.
    God Bless
  7. Dee50

Dee50 New Member

Thank you sk8ter,

I'm going to that site now!

"sludge" that's the word I was thinking of but my mind can't find it.lol

This is new pain to me and I think its because of my ruptured appendix I had removed a month ago. To so nothing of the 6 days of antiboctics they ran though my body. To care for the sepsis.

Makes since that other parts of my body may be having trouble healing.

If doctor says I've got the time I will do this treatment.

Hope the betafood doesn't have alfalfa in it cause I'm allergic to it and I swear they put it in everything. :)

I'll remember to utlra sound every 6 months, same goes for my breast exams.
    Happy Holidays,
    Dee50
  8. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

Dee50 - you've gotten a lot of good advice from almost everyone (but I don't agree with whoever wrote that having your gallbladder out is no big deal -- gallbladders are important and should be saved if at all possible).

My chiropractor who does muscle testing helped me with inflammation in my gallbladder several years ago. He used Standard Process products too, and Betafood or AF Betafood helped enormously. I also learned that I had to start taking digestive enzymes with hydrochloric acid with each meal. I also eventually had to do a liver cleanse.

I think long-term use of the enzymes with HCL has made the most difference. I've read that people with CFIDS often are low in HCL and need digestive support. My digestion is 99% improved, I almost never have problems any more, and when I do, I take Betafood and it clears right up.

Also, I often add lemon juice to my water. It is great for digestion, and cleansing gallbladder and liver.

Mary
  9. jaguarsky

jaguarsky New Member

Hi Dee50,

I agree with almost all of the advice so far given. It is certainly advisable to avoid fatty foods and eat more fiber. I grew up in Appalachia and our local Granny Woman swore by watermelon; either whole or juiced. She claimed it helped break-up and prevent the stones. I knew a number of people that used her remedy with good results. And since it tastes good, and is low in calories, what could it hurt.

I try to incorporate watermelon into my diet regularly and also use milkthistle to keep my liver happy. I had chronic liver imflammation for years and have improved my liver function significantly with these two additions to my diet. Also, the gall-bladder symptoms are gone. Every time I go for an ultrasound to check my liver, the Drs are amazed at how healty my GB looks. So, I guess something is working.

Kat

10. Prunella

Prunella New Member

My chiropractor told me if I didn't want to take a supplement like Betafood, then just eat beets whenever you can. All parts of the beet are good, even the tops and the beets can be cooked or uncooked. Pickled beets are simple and easy to keep on hand, but they do have vinegar and most have corn syrup.

Beets are high in oxalates, so I make sure to have some calcium containing food or supplement at the same time.

So I will serve beets with scrambled eggs. Interesting combination, but it works!
  11. Dee50

Dee50 New Member

Mbofov-Mary

Betafood on order! Lemon hurts to much nowdays. I'm eating the Green Soup Recipe from the gallbladderattack.com It is helping lots :) I so want to keep my gallbladder it is a big deal to me also. I'll remember hydrochloric acid and HCL enzymes.

Jaguarsky-Kay,

I love watermelon I'm sending hubby out to get some. I have some milkthistle tea I'll start drinking it.

Prunella- I'm eating beets now. I'm going to make beets and scrambled egg for dinner. Sounds good to me but I bet the rest of my family passes.lol

Thank you to all for this wonderfull information on treatment of gallbladder and liver. You are all so giving. Now I'm going to take all this information and get better!
    I thank each one of you from the bottom of my heart.

Happy Holidays,
    Mrs. Green soup for Chirstmas!lol (It has made my pain not so bad)
    (Dee50)

GREEN SOUP RECIPE

One bunch parsley
    3 medium zucchini
    1/2lb. Green beans
    5 stalks celery

Steam together for 8-10 minutes.
    Or partially steam and boil in 1/2 cup water.
    If you have a steamer, you retain more nutients and flavor with that method
    Pure in a blender.
    From gallbladderattack.com

I had to add some of the water from my steamer pot to get this stuff to mix up in my blender. My stomach pain and indigestion is much better now that I'm eating this green soup.:)

Green soup,beets and watermelon. Anyone wish to join me for the holidays!lol

[This Message was Edited on 12/21/2005]
  12. sk8ter

sk8ter New Member

I'm so happy you are ordering the Betafood. I use it daily. We just came back from Disneyland and I need it. Ate too much stuff I never eat! Oh well. Have a Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!
    Sk8ter