anyone got feedback on the FFC in Troy, MI?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by deliarose, Aug 25, 2005.

1. deliarose

deliarose New Member

Has anyone tried teh FFC clinic in Troy?
    any feedback?
  2. cpankuch

cpankuch New Member

What is it? I live in Howell, MI and work in Farmington Hills, MI. Am interested in what it is...
  3. deliarose

deliarose New Member

It's the fibro and fatigue clinic, part of a national network of clinics dedicated to treating people with fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue.
    There are plenty of posts that talk about them....
  4. antiquelady

antiquelady New Member

I have a September 6 appointment at the FFC in Troy. Will post after I go.
  5. kimkane

kimkane New Member

Hi, I live in New Hudson. I have a great Dr.

She is in Novi. If you would like her number just let me know.

She also takes Medicare/Medicaide.

good luck, Kim
  6. ChattyCathy

ChattyCathy New Member

Seems like they were having a difficult time getting started in the Detroit Metro area - one doctor backed out on them and then they lost their facilities.

A lady in my support group said that her doctor was approached to work for them and then yet another one said that hers was working two days a week...she felt it was cheaper to see him at his regular office rather than pay the HIGH prices of the clinic.

They were giving monthly seminars on FMS - also call the 800 number for detailed info about the treatment protocol and the fee range. The also have a medical finance company who will give you a loan to pay for your treatment.

Personal I'm not impressed....didn't mean to seem negative but I get discouraged with those who make a buck by taking advantage.....but you be the judge-give a call, go hear the seminar, etc....
  7. qnjamie

qnjamie New Member

There is a FFC in flint also
  8. deliarose

deliarose New Member

Thanks for the offer. I live in Chicago and I'm just about to start consulting with a new guy here.. Dr. Morris Pappernak @ Rush..

He comes highly recommended, so I'm gonna give him a shot first.

Thanks
    Delia
  9. ldbgcoleman

ldbgcoleman New Member

I would like to know why you feel FFC's are taking advantage of people? Just curious Lynn
  10. LittleBluestem

LittleBluestem New Member

Please keep us (as in me) posted on your experiences with Dr. Pappernak.
  11. deliarose

deliarose New Member

Will do. First apptment is in early October.
    Delia
  12. orachel

orachel New Member

I haven't been yet. But I think when I finally rustle up the $ to go, I'll go to one in Cleveland, just cause there are RAVE reviews about that one. I do know that one in troy has free information seminar to let you know what they're about...I think its every 3rd thursday of the month. I'd post their phone # for you, but I don't think we can. You can find it on fibroandfatigue website. Good luck!
  13. ckahele

ckahele New Member

after five years of traditional doctors the FFC docs are ones who have given me a life back.

that is not called taken advantage of.
    it is called being healed and being helped.

my opinion..cyndy