Anyone gotten better with a raw food diet?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lvjesus, May 27, 2008.

1. lvjesus

lvjesus Member

A lady at my church teaches nutrition and gave me some info on the Halleluyah Diet, which, as far as I can tell, is primarily a raw fruit and vegetable diet. There are a lot of testimonials about people who have beaten cancer and fibro and a lot of other things. I was curious if anyone here had tried it and what the results were.

I went grocery shopping today and did get more fruits and vegetables. I figure even if I can't go whole hog right now, adding some can't hurt me.

Thanks and God Bless,
  2. victoria

victoria New Member

but rarely a cure. Some people's digestion has a hard time adjusting to the raw food as well. And, there are lots of theories as to how to eat. And, actually some veggies give you more nutrition if cooked a bit.

If you start making 'green smoothies' (google the term, you'll see lots of free recipe ideas) that will help to at least give you something to start with and should give you a real boost due to the enzymes present (they're de-activated by cooking).

A Vitamix is best for this, 1) because it pulverizes everything to liquid, so 2) the fiber is still in it. (Just think of it as a thick soup!) The fiber will prevent the fruit sugars being absorbed too quickly and causing blood sugar problems... otherwise, if you use a juicer and only drink mainly fruit juices, it can be a problem.

Hope that helps a bit...

3. tgirl

tgirl New Member

I tried the raw food diet for about 3 months, years ago. It didn't make me feel any better (I have CFS). Then again nothing I've tried changing in my diet has made any difference.