Anyone had a review to continue their SSDI benefits?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by JLH, Mar 8, 2003.

1. JLH

JLH New Member

I was awarded my SSDI benefits 3 years ago. When it was awarded, they said that I would be re-evaluated in 3 years to see if I was still disabled. I received some papers to fill out in December--they wanted to know the dates of my last 3 dr. appts. and if I were better, the same, or worse. I answered "worse". I mailed the form back in and have not yet heard anything back. If anyone has been through their first re-evaluation, what can I expect next? Will I just get a letter saying my benefits are being continued, denied, or what? They also wanted to know if I had discussed with my dr. on being able to return back to work. I had to answer "no" because I have never discussed it with my dr. because I know I am not able to return back to work. I'm getting nervous because I have heard nothing from them. May 1st will be exactly 3 years and I hope my checks are cut off then. May will be here before we know it! Can anyone tell me what to expect next? Thanks!
  2. tandy

tandy New Member

Hope this helps a little! I have had the re-evaluation once before. I recieved the same questionare as you.I filled it out,with dates and such.And same here on the work issue! I have never discussed going back to work (ever)with my Dr. so I had to tell the truth there~
    But a couple 2-3 months went by,and I got a thin envelope in the mail from SSI.It said that my benefits would continue.! I think it said they would again check in 3 yrs.
    Good luck!

Tandy