anyone had a sensory evoked response test?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by allhart, Oct 26, 2002.

1. allhart

allhart New Member

i had a sser test on the 17th havent heard from the dr yet when i was getting the test done the guy who was doing it told me to open my mouth because he was having a hard time getting readings because the mucsles in my jaw were so tight i told him id try but sense i have tmd i couldnt realy help that, then it took what seemed like forever to finsh the test and i could feel him keep turning the strenth up, finally when it was over he asked if i had a migrian i said well im starting to get one why ? he said that was also causing interferrce thats why it took so long because he had to get the current turned up high enough to get a reading threw it,i was told i could call the drs office in 2 days for the results well i waited til monday but noones called me back usally when they dont call me back the test are fine and the dr seems to feel hes wasting his time by calling ,dose anyone know about sser? i would think between the head and the jaw thing that that would show that there is some kind of promblem ,did anyone eles have anything like that happen during there test? ive done a ton of searches and everything i read didnt metion anything like what i exsperianced also a one point he was holding the conducture on for a full 5 min (when he was trying to get around my headach)i read on 1 site that it should never be left on more then 30 seconds is that wrong?
    im realy confussed just want to hear from someone eles,
    thanks
    kara
    [This Message was Edited on 10/27/2002]
  2. allhart

allhart New Member

i had a sser test on the 17th havent heard from the dr yet when i was getting the test done the guy who was doing it told me to open my mouth because he was having a hard time getting readings because the mucsles in my jaw were so tight i told him id try but sense i have tmd i couldnt realy help that, then it took what seemed like forever to finsh the test and i could feel him keep turning the strenth up, finally when it was over he asked if i had a migrian i said well im starting to get one why ? he said that was also causing interferrce thats why it took so long because he had to get the current turned up high enough to get a reading threw it,i was told i could call the drs office in 2 days for the results well i waited til monday but noones called me back usally when they dont call me back the test are fine and the dr seems to feel hes wasting his time by calling ,dose anyone know about sser? i would think between the head and the jaw thing that that would show that there is some kind of promblem ,did anyone eles have anything like that happen during there test? ive done a ton of searches and everything i read didnt metion anything like what i exsperianced also a one point he was holding the conducture on for a full 5 min (when he was trying to get around my headach)i read on 1 site that it should never be left on more then 30 seconds is that wrong?
    im realy confussed just want to hear from someone eles,
    thanks
    kara
    [This Message was Edited on 10/27/2002]
  3. JaciBart

JaciBart Member

Just curious, what are they looking for, is this a doc or dentist?

Jaci
  4. allhart

allhart New Member

sensory evoked response test they connect little wire to your heard the apply a electral current to your feet its suppose to messure the electical current going up your spine to your brain to see if you may have a promblem with your brian getting messages from your spinal cord can be used to dx ms among other things,