anyone had a ver and a sser?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by allhart, Sep 25, 2002.

1. allhart

allhart New Member

ok im back from my 2 day at the neuro sense the emg came back fine he now is sending me for blood work anthor cervical mri and on oct 3 i will have a ver visal evoked response test and a sser somatosensory evoked response test
    he says he knows that something is going on because this time he saw it foe him self and he said hes going to keep on this until he has a answer this is the same dr who has told me before i was wasting his time, anyone know about the ver a sser?
  2. allhart

allhart New Member

ok im back from my 2 day at the neuro sense the emg came back fine he now is sending me for blood work anthor cervical mri and on oct 3 i will have a ver visal evoked response test and a sser somatosensory evoked response test
    he says he knows that something is going on because this time he saw it foe him self and he said hes going to keep on this until he has a answer this is the same dr who has told me before i was wasting his time, anyone know about the ver a sser?
  3. Carlacat

Carlacat New Member

Mine was a visual evoked response test and a brain stem auditory evoked test. They did these to test for MS and they came back okay. Dont know if thats what your having or not.
  4. klutzo

klutzo New Member

I had an evoked potential test for MS and flunked it. Then they did a spinal tap and I passed. Four yrs. went by and I suddenly got a whole lot worse and was put in the hospital. Repeated the whole deal, only this time I passed everything. Verdict = no MS. They said Depression! (surprise, surprise). I did not believe it, because my illness was so much worse in the mornings just like a Rheumatic disease, so I checked myself out of hospital and went to a Rheumatologist who dx'd me with FMS.
    Make sure whomever does your evoked potential knows what they're doing, ie. has lots of experience running that test. Many people with bad FMS are mis-dx'd with MS at first. I'm surprised they didn't go straight to an MRI if they suspect MS, since that would be definitive. Back when I went through this, MRI hadn't been invented yet. Don't start sweating yet, it may all turn out OK for you.These docs still don't believe FMS is a serious illness, so when they see it's effects they want to blame it on something else.
    Hang in there,
    Klutzo