Anyone had an arterial duplex scan before? Completed today Yeah

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by jakeg, Jan 2, 2006.

1. jakeg

jakeg New Member

My new doc wants to have this scan done and believes that the pain and fatigue I suffer in my legs may be related to blood circulation. I don't know if it could be or not. I thought that if you had circulation problems that your limbs would be cold and slightly discolored from the rest of your body which I don't have.
    [This Message was Edited on 01/03/2006]
    [This Message was Edited on 01/11/2006]
  2. jakeg

jakeg New Member

Bumping for info
  3. jakeg

jakeg New Member

4. laura81655

laura81655 New Member

Peripheral Blood Arterial/Renal Study. Is this what you are having? It's concerning my feet because of pain, cold, and color changes. I think it's like an ultra-sound, but Neuro wasn't that specific about it.

Laura
  5. jakeg

jakeg New Member

Yes this sounds like what was described to me, but they are checking for flow in my legs as well as feet. I'm pretty much house bound because of the pain in my legs and feet. I still do go for walks in the morning when I can even though it may only be about a 150' round trip. It is nice to get out and go for a walk. I used to go hiking quit fequently in the mountians, I have a second home there.

Jake
  6. laura81655

laura81655 New Member

Jake, I understand what you must be going through. I use to walk several miles and also loved to hike. Since this started a year ago, I can't walk much at all, stuck in the house too much of the time.

I believe this test is done on people with hypertension, and I definately don't have that. I have had so many tests with negative results so far. Oh well, keep trying.

I wish you the best,

Laura
  7. jakeg

jakeg New Member

Just to let everybody know my scan was today and I passed with flying colors no problems found with my arteries, no blockages. Yeah know I have to wait for the doc to evaluate the scans to see if they are thinning or thickening but I think I'm OK there also.

Jake