Anyone had bladder surgery? Experience and advice.

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by keke466, Sep 7, 2006.

1. keke466

keke466 New Member

My sister had a hystorectomy 2yrs ago and has had problems ever since. She can't hold it in anymore. Went to dr wed and he told her her bladder has dropped from the hyst. and she'll need surgery to correct it. Told her to find a gyn and get it checked out. She has to find one that will take her ins. So has anyone had this happen. What kind of experience did you have,good or bad. How long will it take to recuperate. Does it actually help and will it recur.

Thanks ahead of time,Keke
  2. keke466

keke466 New Member

3. LadyCubbieFan

LadyCubbieFan New Member

I had to have this surgery three years ago and let me tell you hon, my bladder can fall out and I would never go through it again, lol.

I think what really caused me so much trouble was the fibro and ra and it took six hours for the surgery and I had to have 3 pints of blood.

I thought I was dying. But other ladies in the hospital with me were fine. I think the fibro is what really hurt me.

Hopefully someone can answer with a good experience, this is just how it affected me.

Richelle
  4. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

I had my bladder tacked back up when I had a vaginal hysterectomy back in 1992, prior to having FMS.

I left the hospital with a bladder catheter and had it for 4 & 1/2 weeks until the GYN sent me to a urologist who had me off it within 3 days using meds and Valium.

After 6 months, I was leaking again, but my bladder is still in position. No, I'd never have any bladder surgery done again. Unless it has fallen and you are sitting on it, if you do have surgery, get a urologist to do it, not a GYN.

Hugs,
    Faye