Anyone had Custom LASIK?

Discussion in 'General Health & Wellness' started by Detroit21, Nov 10, 2003.

1. Detroit21

Detroit21 New Member

Hello, has anyone had custom LASIK eye surgery? I did, a week ago, & my vision is very blurry. The doctor said it would clear up in a week - I'm far from clear. NO WAY could I drive, or watch TV. I'm wondering how long others have taken to recover, & have sharp vision. Any experience out there? Thank you!
  2. dawn2dusk

dawn2dusk New Member

My husband and I both had it done almost 2 years ago, he went from HAVING to wear glasses or contacts to more than perfect vision. I went from 20/20 with astigmatism in both eyes to 20/60 and 20/65 with astigmatism in both eyes, YES worse off than I was before the surgery. I've noticed that my vision has become worse every few months, but I think it's from the FMS. So to answer your questions, as far as I have heard (from everyone that I know who has had the surgery), your vision should have been clear as soon as your eyes became undialated. I'd get a second opinion ASAP if I were you!
  3. Showers

Showers New Member

I also had lasik about a yr and a half ago.

Haven't heard the term custom lasik. I had very blurry vision for a a couple weeks. It took maybe 2 months before I had really good vision. My dr told me this would be as expected.

Call your dr if you have any questions. But my vision did come with time. I am so happy I had this done. Wore contacts for 23 yrs. The best thing i could have done fro myself.

Take care,
    Sarah :)
  4. hehmommy

hehmommy New Member

My husband had this done. I think it is called custom-it is the one where they go in deeper. Like the cadillac version without the halo effects. 1 week after the surgery he had 20-20 vision. The doctor said he couldn't even tell he had the surgery done. He had very good results from his surgery.Yes his vision did get worse before it got better for a few weeks his vision was a bit blurry. Everyone acts diffrently though. He said it was the best thing he has ever done.
  5. jcm996

jcm996 New Member

Is it possible that you rubbed your eye? When they do Lasik they cut the membrane that covers your eye, fold it back and correct, then flip it back and let it heal on its own, in the first month or so if you rub your eye you could re flip this and it would cause blurriness. This is why they make you were those eye patches when you sleep.

I had Lasik 2 years ago and my sight was fine by the next day. It is one of the best things I ever did. Went from 20/600 to 20/15 and 20/20.

So go back and see your doctor and he will be able to make sure there is no "flip" or even a bubble in the membrane
  6. DMP

DMP New Member

Detroit 21

I had Lasik surgery over 3 years ago and also suffered from blurry vision for a couple of weeks after the surgery.
    I wore glasses and contacts since I was 5 years old. I am very happy with my results, best money I ever spent.DMP