anyone had dangerously high blood pressure not from preeclampsia

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by 69mach1, Nov 29, 2005.

1. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

hi this is a question for me about my ex-husband....

he just told me on thanksgiving his bp was like 200/120, and 180/100, he thought maybe the girl didn't put the cuff on right...well i think it was him being in denial.

well he went over the week end stopped at local drug store and checked it it was 160/like 80....he is 39 years old...

he is not obese or overweight at all....he smokes over a pack a day and he drinks even more that when we were married...he told me he said he is averaging 6 rums and cokes a night while working at the bar....he is also a pipefitter by trade...and on his last six monhts of appretice shippp///

he used to be inot body building, never really was found of cardio....he was atheltic played semi-pro footballl,,,

well he has been told by a couple of people he is bipolar...well he hasn't done anything about that...

anwyas i wondered based on your personal experience have you ever had bp this high and did you ever get it back down into the normal range....i have gone on mayo clinic and they say even 120/80 ids prehypertension and recc to bring it down 115/70.....

he is so young 39 years old....but i do not think he will do anything about his health personally....his father had double bypass when he was 52 years old and he has diabetes....family history of high bp also. his mother and grandmother....

well i am sort of worried about him i will feel a loss if he is to ever die...i will be ok financially because of the life insurance policy in his name and me as beneficary...but you know it is not only about the money...

anyways just wondered if anyone had bp this high. his doctor supposedly told him they would not do surgery on his elbow until they got the bp down....anyone had or no about this experience....

well i am trying not toget to involved wi th his health because i feel he truly needs to address the abipolar thing first before he can truly take care of himself....

so i just really don't expect him to he could surpirse me.

well just wonder about anyone's personal experience with blood pressure this high and the effects of it has been on you....

jodie
  2. FibroJo

FibroJo New Member

3. lenasvn

lenasvn New Member

You don't have to be old, obese, unhealthy to have high BP. It runs in my family. There's both healthy and unhealthy guys there,,,LOL! I have seen worse BP's since you asked, but his is considered high and it needs to be medicated. BP gives little symptoms for many people.It is important to keep track on BP for many reasons. Just do a search online for hypertension. He also need to take care of his bipolar. Often bipolar patients don't handle those things themselves well, it is usually a family member who have to pitch in and get the guy a diagnosis and treatment. Sad, but true. If adults are diagnosed, it is often the spouse who got them to have the diagnosis. Needs to be treated too, or it will progress faster than needed. It can be ugly once progressed to "severe".
  4. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

trust me i have tried the bipolar thing...we are still friends w/with benfits not sure where it is going or not...i don't mind helping him get thelp but he just is saying it is him the gemni or his dyslexia that makes him hears voices...i heard that one for the first time this summer after he said he was going to go get an eval done for a mental check...first he told me he went to the va, next it was kaiser...so anyways i don't think he went, or he went and didn't want to accept is diagnosis....

well thank you for your tip on the hypertension...

jodie
  5. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

trust me i have tried the bipolar thing...we are still friends w/with benfits not sure where it is going or not...i don't mind helping him get thelp but he just is saying it is him the gemni or his dyslexia that makes him hears voices...i heard that one for the first time this summer after he said he was going to go get an eval done for a mental check...first he told me he went to the va, next it was kaiser...so anyways i don't think he went, or he went and didn't want to accept is diagnosis....

well thank you for your tip on the hypertension...

jodie

also his family are all in michigan we are here in california so they haven't really seen the ugly head of the bipolar stuff....

anways

thanks jodie