Anyone had experience with (travel) vaccinations?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ILoveGreen, Jan 10, 2012.

1. ILoveGreen

ILoveGreen New Member

I've been doing some preparation for a potential trip to South America and discovered the CDC recommends about 5 different vaccinations starting 3-4 months prior to travel. Has anyone who's immuno-compromised gone through these types of vaccinations?
  2. Saoirse3

Saoirse3 Member

As long as you don't have them all at once you should be okay. Give your system time to absorb each one, that way you'll know if you have a reaction, WHICH shot it was and they can treat you a lot faster! I know they like to try and do them all at one time sometimes, and if your system is compromised in any way you're going to be sick as the proverbial dog (actually, my dog is a heck of a lot healthier than I ever was and he gets into the trash! Go figure! LOL!)

Soft hugs,
  3. ILoveGreen

ILoveGreen New Member

I appreciate your input. I'll see if I can get my doc to honor my request to do just that. She's pretty reasonable, so hopefully it won't be a problem. I still choose to live dangerously rather than to not live at all. When I give up travelling, I'll get myself another pooch again too. They are sooooooooooo worth it!
    Hugs to you too!
  4. Beadlady

Beadlady Member

Definatley spread those shots out. I know someone who was healthy and got a tetnaus (sp) and a flu shot at the same time and the same arm. Oh my gosh, he has been through so much.