Anyone had hyperbaric treatments for me or fm?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by bevy2most, Jun 14, 2008.

1. bevy2most

bevy2most New Member

My sil has an undetermined auto-immune disorder. She was in a car accident, and the wound that she received on her leg is not healing so she has been going to get hyperbaric treatments, and she says that she is feeling better than she has in a long tim

She has similar symptoms of Me/fm and more.

I was wondering if anybody else has done this and what the result is.

The clinic said that it will probably be 4-5 months before her leg is healed.

2. Elisa

Elisa Member

Hi Bevy,

My DAN doctor treats many of his autistic patients (children) with hyperbaric oxygen therapy.

He really wants me to try it too - I haven't yet but am curious as I have tried almost everything else.

Can you tell me what has improved the most form your sil? Just curious...does she have mostly pain or fatigue or both?

Thanks so much for posting this subject!

God Bless,

3. EricaCFIDS

EricaCFIDS New Member

I've heard it does amazing things for people with lyme, strokes, burn victims and many other conditions.
  4. victoria

victoria New Member

Wound healing is actually one of the few things that the FDA recognizes it for, so insurance should pay!

It does help other things as well, like lyme, that is not recognized...

but I would definitely tell her to go for it!

all the best

How're your sis and son doing with the lyme?

5. victoria

victoria New Member

thought you were asking specifically about wound healing, sorry!

HBOT helps many with lyme and other problems feel better, it can also be used to actually help kill organisms if used every day at a certain ATA.

If you do it occasionally, it will help you detox from 'whatever' is dying off in your body........

If you have lyme or some other 'stealth bacteria' that can hide inside our blood/tissue cells, and do it as it's been rx'd to kill the organisms (my son was doing it 2X/day, 5 days/week) it can produce a herxheimer response (feeling worse before better).

My son found it difficult to do it as rx'd for killing lyme and bartonella........... but finds it works well for detoxing occasionally.

all the best,