Anyone had Lignocaine Injection's?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by juliejo, Oct 21, 2006.

1. juliejo

juliejo New Member

I have just replyed to Chelz about not being able to tolerate any meds now but was wondering if anyone had been given Lignocaine injection's for pain.

I am seeing my Rheumy in 10 day's as the aching throbbing and shooting pains in my hips and legs is driving me to distraction especially when i lay in bed.

I also cannot stand at all now and am spending most of my days in bed but propped up on loads of pillow's to lift me legs.

This is the only drug i havent tried.

Any advice would be very welcolme please.
    Julie jo.
  2. PVLady

PVLady New Member

My mom had injections and I believed they helped for a while. I was going to check out having my shoulder blade area injected if possible.

If you are in so much pain you can't stand I hope you have seen your doctor. It may be a spinal problem. If you have not done so, I would have a complete work up with a spinal doctor.

We have some excellent groups here in Caifornia. ONe is called Jerlan Jobe. They are world famous. After my husband's back surgery his doctor just dropped him when he had pain.

We went to Kerlan Jobe and knew immediately it was different. They had a whole laundry list of treatments to help. First thing they did was a MRI and discovered he a a synovial cyst on his spine. They treated it with a cortisone shot and since that time, he has taken very few pain pills - most the time he is ok now.

Are you seeing a spinal doctor?

3. juliejo

juliejo New Member

Hi PVLADY,

I live in the UK so it's not an option in the USA.

I am to see my Rheumy on the 1st November as i have had test's for Osteoporosis and it came back i have Osteopenia and am on Calcium and Vitamin D to try and strengthen my bone.s I am 53 shortly.

The pains which i know are Fibro as been to my Gp and he said i have set off lots of triggers points all over my lower back, hips and the whole of my legs and feet.

The reason i cannot hardly walk is i am in a huge flare for whatever reason as i cannot think of anything that could have set this off at all.

I also suffer from Spondilosis of the neck but for some reason my shoulder's arm's and neck have been fine for a couple of month's.

As anyone with Fm know's this illness migrate's and has a mind of it's own. Just wish it would clear off for a while and give me some peace and sleep which i havent had much off at all lately.

I do get up but within mins i have to put my legs up again with the pain so i hope that when i see my Rheumy he may shed some light on this a bit more for me.

Sorry for waffling on but have dreadful fatigue.

Julie jo.
  4. StephieBee

StephieBee New Member

I have had injections.

I suffer from Tendonitis in my left shoulder and one shot 2-3 months ago has done the job so far.

I also get them for migraines at the base of my skull in the back of my neck. They have stopped my headaches, but they have worn off faster.

I think it is worth it to try it. If they help, that may be one less pill you have to take as my Rhemy says.

Hugs,
    Stephanie
  5. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

I do not do well with lidocaine in any shape but my pain doc offers a pain block using the Pitcher Plant. He usually numbs the area with topical lidocaine first but will skip this for people with sensitivities.

You could ask about the pitcher plant one as he has much success with it. Not used it myself as yet but maybe heading there!!!

Love Anne
  6. juliejo

juliejo New Member

Thankyou for the replies above.

I had to see my Gp on another matter yesterday and she examined my hips and legs and they are full off knots and tight bands so it will be interesting to see what my Rheymy says next week as this morning i could scream with the pain.

Will let you all know the outcome next week.

Thanks again.
    Julie jo.