Anyone had results with Dr. Lowe's protocol?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by HurtsToMove, Feb 7, 2007.

1. HurtsToMove

HurtsToMove New Member

He has a theory of thyroid hypometabolism causing FM. The blood tests all come out fine because the thyroid is producing normal amounts of T3. The problem arises when the body is unable to properly metaboize it. So he treats with T3 supplementation, slowly raising the dose until positive effects are felt, mainly pain relief. Effective dosage range is usually 75-162.5 mcg. His idea is to treat the symptoms and not rely on bloodwork. So after supplementation your T3 may be way high, but that's only the blood level, not the level actually being used by the body. Other supplements would be necessary to counteract the adverse effects of the extra T3.

I did a search here, and I didn't find much. I DID find a couple of people who said that they would be starting treatment, but they never posted again. Gee, were they cured? Dare I hope?
  2. munch1958

munch1958 Member

I've been going to the Detroit FFC. Because I had high levels of reverse T3 due to 120 mg. of Armour they switched me to compounded T3. First 25 mcg. then 50, then 75, then 100. For a short time over the spring/summer I felt great! When they stopped upping the dose of T3 I crashed. Don't know if this proves Lowe's theory or not. They just increased it to 125 mcg. in December. I'm not coming out of the crash.
  3. HurtsToMove

HurtsToMove New Member