Anyone had success with Baclofen?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by goldilox, Apr 14, 2006.

1. goldilox

goldilox Member

Hello,

Just wanting to know if anyone has had any success with Baclofen. My doctor said she would prescribe it for me. I think it might be the same as Liorisal (sp?) in the States. I am still having lots of pain in my elbow and forearm, mainly my right arm.

Appreciate any replies,

Thankyou
    Sue
  2. UnicornK

UnicornK New Member

I took baclofen for a while. It's a muscle relaxant. Seemed to help, but I have an addictive personality so I had to stop taking it. I'm thinking of asking for it again.
  3. bigmh

bigmh New Member

Sue, I have used Baclofen for probably 10 years...some days none, but most days 2-3 10 mg tablets/day. It is not addicting (at least for me), but really helps with the pain/muscle tightness and spasms. And it's not too expensive. Hope this helps you! Blessings, Ann
  4. ibnormal2

ibnormal2 New Member

I have been on Baclofen for about 4 years..I was having horrible muscle spasms...It has helped me a lot..I won't go off it...If I do get a spasm now it is in the back of my leg,not my chest or upper back...Kathy F....
  5. tonakay

tonakay New Member

Is there weight gain with this med like flexeril?
  6. tonakay

tonakay New Member

bump.... anyone??
  7. bigmh

bigmh New Member

As I said, I have used it for years, and have not gained weight. Good luck...Ann
  8. ilovepink4

ilovepink4 Member

my daughter ,who has cerebral palsy, has a baclfen pump...implanted in her abdomen...it helps relax the tight muscles in her body...i had no idea that fm was treated with baclofen....

i don't know about weight gain...she is on a lower dose than what a person needs orally....