Anyone had success with magnet tx for fatigue/immunity?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lambs, Nov 3, 2005.

1. lambs

lambs New Member

My doctor said he has seen miraculous results from using Nikkon magnetic matress pad, shoe inserts, necklaces that are magnetized, etc. Anyone know of studies or know others who have benefitted? The stuff is expensive!
  2. fivesue

fivesue New Member

Hi Lambs...

You are new, huh? Welcome. I do not have experience with this product, but I am going to bump it back to the first page for you. I hope someone will see this and know something about it.

I did have some magnetic insoles for my shoes, but they really never did anything that I could determine. I finally took them out.

So, which one of these dreadful diseases (DD we call them here) do you have? Mine is FM...Blah! How did you find the board?

I hope you will come on and post often. Then we will get to know you, and I think you will find lots of information available...and lots of encouragement and fun. If your post doesn't get answered, it's probably because no one knows about it, or the board was moving so fast that it was overlooked. So, don't be discouraged.

Hang in there!
    Sue

PS Pepper, I wore the insoles for almost a year and no go. I hope you get better results. Like you said, it's only part of the cure. Sigh. Wouldn't it be nice if it were the entire answer?
    [This Message was Edited on 11/04/2005]
  3. pepper

pepper New Member

to the board. Personally I have not had any experience with the magnets yet but I am in contact with a mom who has made her daughter considerably better and she credits the magnets as being part of the solution.

But she emphasizes that it is only part of the solution - the far infrared sauna, whole food supplements, alkaline water and a gluten free diet were also important.

I bought the shoe inserts which she highly recommends wearing up to 24 hrs a day. It takes months to notice anything different so I am being patient.

Pepper
  4. pepper

pepper New Member

It is important to learn how the magnets work. Nikken magnets are made very differently from any other magnets including the Q-Ray which my husband has been wearing for a long time with no results.

A thin card filled with iron filings and held over the magnet will show that the poles go in all directions on the Nikken magnets.

I do not know if they work. I don't even know if they are part of the solution for me but I am giving them a try.

Pepper
  5. fivesue

fivesue New Member

I really hope they will help you, Pepper. What works for some doesn't work for others, so I gave it a try, also. It wasn't that expensive...well, a little pricy...and it didn't hurt anything for sure.

Let us know if it helps or not. Lambs, please let us know what you're going to do. Hope you've enjoyed the board today. Good subject to bring up.

Sue
  6. jfrustrated

jfrustrated New Member

I have used, and still use magnets for pain relief. However, there are magnets and there are magnets and so you have to check carefully the type, strength etc. I do not know all about them and so use a reputable supplier. I started with small magnets for local pain relief in certain areas eg., hips. They do work for me in this way. So I decided that, if some was good, more was better and invested in an expensive matress underlay and pillow. I used this for several years, hoping that it was helping - but it wasn't. What it did do, however, according to my doctor, was gradually to increase my cholesterol level considerably. So the mattress is gone and I use the pillow for relief on certain spots. I was also told that if I wanted to lie on a whole body magnetic underlay that I should only do it for 15 minutes a day because being on it longer could have adverse effects e.g., cholesterol levels. However, there is so much conflicting info. out there it is difficult to sort out. I hope you benefit. Perhaps just start with a necklace. I have one that I can use as a headband, bracelet etc. and this is good.