Anyone had these tests?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by SandraD, Jan 23, 2006.

1. SandraD

SandraD New Member

I recently was sent to a neuro because of headaches and tingling in fingers and toes. I thought waste of time, he would just say Fibro and nothing can be done.
    To my surprise he ran an MRI and Evoke studies and came up with carpal tunnel in both wrists, 2 ruputured cervical discs, white scattered foci in the subcortical region of my brain and slow nerve impulse from the brain to my extremities.

I think the Drs now believe I may have MS.

Has anyone else had these tests and what was the diagnosis?

I have been dliving with Fibro and CFS and have strongly believed this was caused by a virus.
    The reading I have done on MS also is suggesting this as well as a diagnosis og having Roseola earlier.

I have had EBV,CMV, and Roseola. Is all of this from a latent or dormant virus?

I have been telling Drs for over 9 years about this and still very few DRs want to treat with antivirals due to toxicity.....

I just think whatever they call this Fibro, CFS, MS, I have been ill off and on now for so long, who cares! Whatever they call it, they can't do much of anything anyway.

Well, if anyone has had these tests or has MS let me know..

Thanks,

SandraD
  2. minimonkey

minimonkey New Member

I had the nerve conduction studies done, and also an MRI on my neck -- same symptoms -- numbness, tingling, etc. They found nothing in my case, except normal signs of aging in my neck.

What is an Evoke study?

My current doc wants to do a brain MRI next -- I know I should really do it, but frankly, it scares me!

Think of it this way -- at least now you know where to go somewhat...

The ruptured discs can be treated (maybe chiropractic treatment -- maybe surgically -- trust your doc on this) , the carpal tunnel can be minimized by proper ergonomics/wearing wrist splints at night, etc. And if it is MS, that can be treated, too --- proper treatment can dramatically reduce symptoms and slow the progression of the illness. So, it is better to know than not!
  3. kellyann

kellyann New Member

Have you ever been tested for Lyme Disease? Headaches, tingling toes and fingers, etc are among the symtoms of Lyme also.
    Best Regards,
    Kellyann
  4. CooBax

CooBax New Member

Hi SAndrad,

Yes I have had both MRIS...four to be correct...two of brain, one of neck and one lumbar...all were totally clear...i had the evoked response as well and it was clear...i also had a lumbar puncture which was once again clear...in all cases they were looking for MS...but found nothing....my symptoms are extreme fatigue, buzzing in my legs, heavy legs and sometimes hard to walk...numb patch that roams all over my body....muscle twitching that drives me crazy...I saw my neuroligist today and I will be going to a MS clinic...she says however she thinks it is next to impossible that I have ms...if you want information on the lumbar puncture let me know...good luck with your journey.....i am also trying to get tested for Lyme as well....

Lesley
  5. mary124

mary124 New Member

I've had both, MRI's for back and the nerve testing to see if I have CTS (Which I don't) Did have back surgery many years ago.)
  6. darude

darude New Member

I had numerous foci subcortical and periventricular but Neuro says NO MS. Says due to normal aging. I'm 55!!!! Had EEG and was normal. Let us know what happens.
  7. sabimax

sabimax New Member

if MS you will want to consider the drugs to try to slow progression of MS...good luck...keep reading..i ahve read tons on MS...as I have many neuro symptoms..but no signs of MS on my test results...still not sure what I have....sarah
  8. hopeful4

hopeful4 New Member

If MS is suspected, please rule out Lyme Disease. It is the "great imitator" of other illnesses like MS, CFIDS, FM, ALS, many others. Some of your symptoms could indicate Lyme.

Most testing is unreliable, the most reliable are Igenex Western Blot and Bowen. However, it is a clinical diagnosis, and is best made by a LLMD (Lyme Literate Medical Doctor).

More than 50% of those w/Lyme do not remember a tick bite, nor ever had a bullseye rash. I am one of them.

For lots of good info, including info on MS v. Lyme, go to lymenet dot org. Flash Discussion, Medical questions, Newbies.

Going from doctor to doctor without answers is so frustrating. I hope that you soon find the answers you want and need.

Take care,
    Hopeful4