Anyone have a bone scan with radioactive tracer substance ???

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by sfrazier, Feb 22, 2007.

1. sfrazier

sfrazier New Member

i had a bone scan this morning where i had this radioactive tracer substance injected in me. i'm told that the white spots are good and black spots are bad because it shows no growth in the bone marrow. Does anyone know of these and what the doctors maybe looking for. i would appreciate any info. thanks......SueF
  2. pam_d

pam_d New Member

I've not heard of this test. I was a Leukemia patient for months, and never had this test to look into the bone marrow, but I do know that there are viruses of the bone marrow that can occur. I'm not sure what else can happen with bone marrow! I'd ask your doctor specifically what this test is used for.

Let us know...

Pam
  3. sfrazier

sfrazier New Member

Thanks for the reply pam unfortunetly my doctors are not real forcoming right now other then we all know that the pain in my left side is not simple fibro. other then that they haven't really told me much. that is why i was hoping someone else had gone through the test and they could explain to me what their doctors had used it for. Thanks anyways i appreciate the fact that you responded.
  4. maryann1958

maryann1958 New Member

http://www.webmd.com/hw/health_guide_atoz/hw200283.asp
  5. gumama

gumama New Member

I just had a bone scan with the dye.... my entire right side has OsteoArthritis.... my right side of the film was dark... while I have Fibro as well. I also now have Osteo Arthritis....

I'm sorry the Dr's are not forth coming with info as to what they are looking for.. when my Dr called me to tell me the results she assured me that the Arthritis was causing the additional pain in my sternum and rib area...

Try not to worry, we can have other things such as Arthritis that cause us pain . this very well might be whats going on with you.

Good luck and God Bless

gumama