Anyone have a cold that won't go away???

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by marilynb, Mar 19, 2006.

1. marilynb

marilynb New Member

I was wondering if anyone has this problem. I got a cold at the first part of December & it just won't go away. I was just about getting over it, when I got the flu, in January. I still have the congestion, that I just can't seem to get rid of. I have never had a problem with allergies or sinus problems before. I was diagnosed with Fibro about a year ago, but am guessing I have had it for much longer. Is this sinus/congestion thing part of the Fibro? What does anyone do for this problem? I am just taking Chlor-Pheniramine (an allergy med) & sometimes guiafenesin. I am also thinking about going to the Dallas FFC. Any other suggestions?
    Please help.
    Thanks,
    Marilyn
    [This Message was Edited on 03/19/2006]
  2. lenasvn

lenasvn New Member

Maybe this post can shed some light. It is possible you are starting to have this problem.

http://www.arthritissupport.com/chat/forums/message.cfm?id=786646&B=FM
  3. marilynb

marilynb New Member

I read through some of it & then decided to print it out so I could really sit down & read it. My daughter just went in the laundry room to do some laundry & asked me what was up with the new detergent that I bought that was free from scents & then was wondering what I was printing that took so long. I told her I was just trying to find out about the sinus stuff & just wanted to find something to make me feel better. She said, "It's called EXERCISE".
    WHATEVER!! I wish I could...
    Thanks for your reply,
    Marilyn
  4. lenasvn

lenasvn New Member

Oh, Marilyn, I'm sorry you had to hear that from your daughter! I hope the information will help, you just keep doing (and not doing) what is important for you to be able to cope. I was a little arrogant towards my mom (when younger) and her fibro until I was hit myself.

Many hugs

Lena
  5. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

I had the flu for 5 weeks in late November/December, finally got better in January, and then in mid-February caught another cold/sinus problem, it's been almost 4 weeks now and just cannot get rid of it altogether, though am better.

I take vitamin C, olive leaf extract, zinc, tried some Chinese herbs but they gave me diarrhea. Actually, there's a Chinese herb called Yin Ciao which is very good, many healthfood stores carry it, and I used to take it as needed with good results for a couple of years for colds and flu, but then I became sensitive to it and it now causes diarrhea for me. But it works very well for many people.

The Airborne cold rememdy helps some. Also, I was taking colostrum but that didn't do much. I am drinking pau d'arco tea, and I think it helps.

I have CFIDS, not FM, but think this is part of it. My immune system just does not work right. I get a tiny bit better each day, but if I overdo it, I relapse right away. It's getting very old.

I am going to start taking whey protein powder in the morning, it's supposed to boost glutathione levels. The undenatured whey is best, they sell it on this website but it's rather expensive, so I'm trying cheaper form I bought at Rite Aid. I know it's not the best kind but want to see it it will work. I'm already spending a small fortune on supplements.

Good luck, wish I had more answers --

Mary