anyone have a crockpot stuffing recipe?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by gnanny, Nov 21, 2006.

1. gnanny

gnanny New Member

Its getting down to the wire. I have made stuffing in the crock pot before but I dont remember where I found the recipe.

Anything I can get out of the way early is a winner in my book.
    Anyone have a good stuffing recipe that cooks in the crockpot?

Also have a great thanksgiving!
  2. ksp56

ksp56 Member

I hear you about gettng things done early! LOL

I found this on the web. Sounds pretty good, and you can add or delete items, if you want. If you have your own recipe, you could use it too.

Crock Pot Stuffing

1 c. butter

2 lg. onions, chopped

2 c.chopped celery

2 T. chopped parsley

12 - 13 cups slightly dry bread cubes

1 1/2 tsp. poultry seasoning

1/2 tsp. salt

1/4 tsp. pepper

1 tsp sage

1 tsp thyme

1/2 ground marjoram

2 to 2 1/2 cups chicken broth

2 eggs, beaten.

Melt butter and saute onion, celery, pasrley. Pour over bread cubes in large mixing bowl. Add all seasonings and toss well.

Pour in enough broth to moisten, add beaten eggs and mix well. Pack lightly into a lightly greased slowcooker. Cover and cook on HIGH 1 hour; reduce to LOW and cook 4 to 7 hours longer. Serves 6

Hope this helps!

Happy Thanksgiving!

[This Message was Edited on 11/22/2006]
  3. gnanny

gnanny New Member

Bless your heart. That was very kind of you. Now I can quit looking and get back to my ' list ' if you know what I mean.

I wasnt holding my breath for a reply...let alone so promptly.

Thankyou so very much for your time. I appreciate it greatly.

many blessings for the holiday!
  4. ksp56

ksp56 Member

Happy to help you!

Please let me know how your stuffing is! If you like it, it would make things much easier, next year!

Blessings and peace to you and yours...

5. boltchik

boltchik New Member

Gnanny, thanks for the post asking for a stuffing recipe, I needed one! :)

Kim, I printed out your recipe. I am not a very good cook and I am always looking for something not too difficult that I can hopefully master. This looks like a great stuffing recipe, I will try it out for Christmas dinner.
    Thanks, Kim :)
  6. thanks, my favorite is the stuffing and my daughter made corn bread stuffing and ugh, it was okay but not what I like. this sounds good and easy. My husband loves my homemade stuffing. I never thought of using a crockpot for it.
  7. gnanny

gnanny New Member

Stuffing/dressingwas delicious !

We just had some again today. Very tasty and anything I can do to free up some oven space is great!

Thankyou again,
  8. ksp56

ksp56 Member

I am glad it helped you all! Thanks for telling it was good, Stephanie! Now, I will have to try it! LOL

Anything, that makes life easier, makes our lives less stressful!

I hope you all had a peaceful Thanksgiving and enjoyed yourselves..

9. ksp56

ksp56 Member

After reading the possible 'add ins', I am ready to start more stuffing! As if I need it! LOL

I am very happy this has helped more of you! This board, and you on it, are wonderful and caring people! You have blessed my life!