Anyone have a cure for sinus infection/homeopathic

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by bevy2most, Feb 27, 2008.

1. bevy2most

bevy2most New Member

Here is South Tx, we have winter allergens, I have never had such a reaction to the Mt. Cedar, and Hackberry, I have been sick with them for about a month now.

I am now displaying symptoms of a sinus infection, I don't want to go to the Dr. if I can avoid it.

Any help will be appreciated,

Thanks, Bevy
  2. Bruin63

Bruin63 Member

is a Netty pot, it flushes out the sinus, and it actully feel's good when you are flushing out the built up mucus.

I had a bad case of MRSA, and it settled in my Nose, talk about Pain.
    So now, I keep my Nose clean, (pun there ) and I use an ointment to keep it from coming back.

MRSA loves living in the nose, yuck.

When I first read about the Netty Pot here on the bd, I thought no way.
    But then I saw someone on a TV show, use it, and it looked easy and so I tried it, and it sure does help.

I have Mastoiditis, which affects my Sinus problems, plus I have Have a lot Histmine problems thanks to the FMS.
    So I also take Vistril, for that.

Good luck, but please do let Your Doctor, know about this problem.

I see an ENT, after years of suffering, what I thought was just plainold Sinus pain, turned out it was being caused, by another Health problem.

Best to get it checked out, really, then you can be sure what the problem is, and go from there in your treatment.

[This Message was Edited on 02/28/2008]
  3. stick2013

stick2013 Member

Totally on the Netti Pot....Works wonders......
  4. I just bought a netti pot about 2 wks ago because I was having horrid sinus problems and after using it 3 times such relief. Knock wood. And it is so easy to use. Just be sure to BREATHE through your mouth when doing it.
  5. tansy

tansy New Member

hi bevy

i used to have these a lot. as well as sinus irrigation, like using a netti pot, i take tissue salts to reduce the sx. if i feel there's an infection present i take wild oregano oil.

chronic rhinitis, hayfever, and sinus infections are rife in my family. one sibling lives in london and when he visits our paretns he becomes aware of his allergies to pines. seems pollution suits him better than pollen laden country air.

good luck; sinusitis is rotten.

tc, tansy
  6. monica33flowers

monica33flowers New Member

I use my Netti pot all the time and I have always suffered at least 3 sinus infections in the winter. Well this year, (knock on wood), not one single infection. I truly believe it is the Netty pot. Give it a try --- it does feel very weird at first but you won't believe how much better you can breathe out of your nose.
  7. bevy2most

bevy2most New Member

I appreciate all that responded, I have never suffered as much as this year. The cedar counts have been down the past couple of days so I am not as miserable.

I have a drs. appt. on Tuesday, until then I am going to try the netti pot.

Thanks again,

8. sixtyslady

sixtyslady Member

If you can"t get a neti pot right away.I read this on the internet ,take a clean wash cloth and get it wet with warm water.not hot and sniff,be careful don't sniff real hard the first time works for me.