Anyone Have a Good Bread Pudding Recipe to Share?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Mini4Me, Apr 23, 2007.

1. Mini4Me

Mini4Me New Member

Hello All,
    I'm searching for a good, creamy bread pudding recipe with either vanilla sauce or some kind of creme burlee sauce.

Anyone have one to post?
  2. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

Bread Pudding
    2 1/2 to 3 c. bread cubes
    3 c. milk
    3 eggs, beaten
    1/2 c. brown sugar
    1 t. vanilla
    1/2 t. salt
    1/2 c. raisins (opt)
    scant tsp. cinnamon
    Combine all ingredients and put into a greased 2 quart casserole dish. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 - 35 minutes.

I haven't tried this, but it sounds good!
  3. this up for you, I love bread pudding too with the sauce. So I am interested too. YUMMO as Rachel Ray says!
  4. joyfully

joyfully New Member

Alton Brown on foodnetwork web site. There are literally 9 pages of bread pudding recipe titles to choose from! Many have sauces too.
  5. Mini4Me

Mini4Me New Member

I've never made bread pudding, but I love it!!
    I had the best ever bread pudding at Kitty O'Shea's in Chicago a few weeks ago. Now I'm craving bread pudding.
  6. doxygirl

doxygirl New Member

I will go now and try to find the recioe that Mimi's restaurant has or maybe it was claim jumper...anyhow another suggestion for you is to type in your web browser "bread pudding recipes" you may be pleasantly surprised how many recipies pop up!

There are also many places that have "copy kat" restaurant recipes ........I have tried a few and they are very good.......i will try to get back here with a few for you k?

I love to dream is to own my own bakery!

7. doxygirl

doxygirl New Member

Mimi's restaurant bread pudding!

I have never had anything at Mimi's that I didn't like...usually their food is really, really good!

1 loaf of french bread (cut into 1" cubes)
    1/2 cup of raisins (soak 1/2 hour in warm water and drain)
    1 pinch of nutmeg
    1/4 pound of butter ( one stick )MELTED!
    1/4 cup sugar
    2 teaspoons of vanilla
    1 quart of 1/2 and 1/2 ( half and half )
    4 eggs beaten

Fill a 9x9x2 1/2 baking pan with bread cubes, sprinkle raisins on top, use enough bread to come to top of pan, you might not use whole loaf.

Whisk remaining ingredients together to make a batter, pour over top of bread and stir lightly, allow bread to soak 1/2 hour.

The pan will be very full.
    If you ahve excess batter discard the excess.......if there is not enough, add a little more milk to pan.

Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes, until pudding is golden brown and puffed around edges, the center should be set but still a little soft.
    You can make this ahead of time and heat in microwave later.

Let me know if you make this and if it is as good as it sounds!

[This Message was Edited on 04/25/2007]
  8. hermitlady

hermitlady Member

I'm going to try your recipe....I have all the ingredients and it's simple enough for me to not mess up (hopefully)

I have such a hard time concentrating while cooking anymore, I'm a complete scatterbrain.

I love bread pudding and haven't had it in 20 yrs probably. Thanks.
  9. joyfully

joyfully New Member

I think the recipe above would be enhanced with the addition of cinnamon. I've never made bread pudding without cinnamon.

One of the EASIEST ways to cut down preparation time in making bread pudding is to use cinnamon rasin bread. If the bread has frosting on it, just cut back a little on the sugar that is called for in the recipe.

Another recipe that I use is made with left over pound cake that is getting a bit stale. It is similar to a custard-like bread pudding. I cut off the brown outer "skin" of the pound cake and cube the rest of the pound cake. I mix together the ingredients for a normal custard and then stir in the cubes of sponge cake. Bake as you would "regular custard". Then place portion on a plate and add a heaping spoon full of fresh sliced strawberries. I put a dollop of whipped cream off-center and add a couple mint leaves for garnish. I get lots of compliments on this dessert.
  10. JLH

JLH New Member

It's 2:21 A.M. and if I try to find my recipe now, I'll wake up my DH, so I'll try to remember tomorrow!

My recipe calls to eat it warm (I reheat my cold leftovers in the microwave), top with with a little of caramel topping (ice cream syrup) and whip cream! Delicious!

11. Mini4Me

Mini4Me New Member

Waiting for my Migraine to pass so I can try out these recipes. They sound deliscious!
  12. sixtyslady

sixtyslady Member

when I managed the pennys cafeteria. we used the same basic recipe,but used our left over sweet rolls,even one,s with jellie in is so good with whip cream on it.
    I buy day old rolls at walmarts when I make it now at home.