Anyone have a HP scanner/copier?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by fibrobutterfly, Dec 2, 2006.

1. I cannot figure out how to resize my photos, I scan a 4 x6 photo and it comes out huge. I know how to move the thingys to make it look smaller but how and where do you find a compress ? There is a resize I click on but ?? (can you tell I am a computer idiot) lol! aaaahhhh! It is maddening being computer illiterate!
  2. to get a good photo to send by email etc, what settings do you use. I called HP but got a foreign lady and I could not understand her and it would cost me $30 to get an answer!
  3. larryh

larryh New Member

Start by telling me which scanner you have and what the name of the software that loads when you scan a picture is. Also which version of Windows operating system. I think I can help you.

Larry
    [This Message was Edited on 12/03/2006]
  4. larryh

larryh New Member

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/powertoys/xppowertoys.mspx

GO to the link above and download the utility following the instructions. Let me know if you need help. IT will work in windows explorer on any image.

Larry
  5. larryh

larryh New Member

Sorry, I am still waking up. You want to download and install the utillity called "Image Resizer" It is one of the downloads on the right side of the page. After you install it you should have an option to rezie a picture if you right click on it in Windows Explorer ( NOt Internet Explorer).

Larry
  6. I told you I am computer illiterate, So when I scan a photo , it goes to their hp site, my question would be then are you saying I can use another website to do photos?