Anyone have a MENS unit & does it work?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kar1953, Sep 3, 2003.

1. kar1953

kar1953 New Member

Just read about MENS unit on Medcare Service website & it was recommended over the TENS unit. Anyone know anything about it? I wonder what the differences are?

I'll do a search but thought if anyone here knew the differences, it would save me typing & sitting at puter. Not being lazy - just in a MAJOR flare.

Thanks.....Kathi
  2. darlamk

darlamk New Member

I have a TENS unit and use it fairly often for my neck and shoulder pain. I have never heard of the MENS unit so will have to check it out!
    Darla
  3. Lynda B.

Lynda B. New Member

Are you sure that it is a MENS unit? I know when I was in a Pain Clinic for three a few years ago a fellow patient had something similar to my tens but targeted some else perhaps the "M" standing for muscular... I don't know. This worked much better for him. But I have not heard or seen anything like it since.

Lynda B.
  4. azcactuslil

azcactuslil New Member

OK, now you have got my attention. MENS unit. Now this has got to be good. Sorry just couldn't resist. :)
  5. shazz

shazz New Member

I too started laughing, as I thought you made a typo and meant TENS unit.
    No I don't have a men's unit and don't want one either!!
    I have always been such a good driver, and I am not one for running around insisting people pull my finger either. ; )

6. kar1953

kar1953 New Member

I haven't had time to research the MENS unit yet. When I posted it I didn't realize how the post looked!!

All I know about it is that it gives a lower zap than the TENS unit. They say it takes longer to feel the effects but if you stick with it your pain will stay away longer. With my TEN soon after the unit shust off I have pain again. When I do get time - maybe Sat. nite or Sun. I'll post again & let you all know what I found out!!

Take care & keep those great sense of humors you have!!..Kathi
  7. Susan07

Susan07 New Member

I have had the same mens unit for 32 yrs and yes he works. Tonight in fact dinner was ready when I got home!

roflmao
  8. kar1953

kar1953 New Member

I really messed up the topic title, didn't I? I told my mom what all you naughty women were thinking & she had a real good laugh, too!! Laughter & our sense of humor is something that these DD's just can't take away from us!

Kathi
  9. azcactuslil

azcactuslil New Member

You know Battery Operated Boyfriend. :)
  10. kar1953

kar1953 New Member

this going from bad to worse! Good one Lil !! Talk about roflmao :}
  11. GooGooGirl

GooGooGirl New Member

Can you please tell me where to order one of those Mens units? I'd like one about 6 feet tall, dark hair, dark eyes, good dancer, sense of humor.....LOL. this post gave me a good laugh which I really needed today. Thanks. :)