anyone have a mirapex update? here's mine at week 9-10

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by obrnlc, Apr 28, 2007.

1. obrnlc

obrnlc New Member

hi-how is the mirapex working out for others?

I am at week 9-10, and i THINK it is working very well, although i have some major neck issues right now (past month or so) the generalized pain seems improved, or something, because i feel so over-medicated when i take my regular meds that my pain must be controlled better.

every time i bump up the mirapex dose i get the INTENSE sleepiness, usually 1-2 weeks, and i just went up to 1.25mg 3/day. my neck is KILLING ME, but the rest of body seems to have some improvement(pain ), so i am going to slowly decrease my pain meds and see how i feeel.

I asked pain doc about neck injections since pain is finally localized to one area, but he didn't seem real happy with the idea, said chances for good outcome were only slight.

i'm not exactly sure if i am overmedicated on the pain meds , which would mean pain is improving, although i can't see how anyone would pay to feel like this, or if the mirapex is overmed. me, i close my eyes and fall asleep instantly--at computer, on the commode, even a lengthy blink will do it.
    and brain fog is severe, as you have prob. noticed from this post.

still keep praying for a miracle, and hope this is the one!
    AND--i finally got my letter from SSDI after 10 weeks of "FULLY FAVORABLE"!!

hope others are doing well on it too--L
    [This Message was Edited on 04/30/2007]
  2. jennbug

jennbug New Member

I have been on mirapex for months. The med. works pretty well but as you said it does make me sleepy as well. It stopped my rls immediately. But sadly have put on 20 lbs. I also would like to hear from others on mirapex.
    jenn.
  3. obrnlc

obrnlc New Member

thanks for the weight tip jenn--
    i have been blaming my peanut butter chunk chocalote ice cream obsession on my smoking cessation, now i see i have 2 things to rationalize--but must admit--i can control it if i REALLY WANTED TOO!!--L
  4. KerryK

KerryK Member

I have now been using .25 mg/day mirapex for the last few months. At that low dose, it does help some with the pain but more importantly, I sleep much better and have a lot more energy through the day. I will keep using it and maybe experiment with higher doses.

good luck!
  5. jennbug

jennbug New Member

I forgot to mention that Iam having alot of intestinal distress since starting the mirapex, how is your tummy?
    jenn.
  6. obrnlc

obrnlc New Member

jenn--blamed that on the peanut butter chunk choc. ice cream also, lol!
    kerry--lets keep in touch on this--i did 0.25 3/day for 2-3 weeks, 0.5 mg 3/day few weeks, 0.75 2/day few weeks. 1.omg 2/day few weeks, now 1.25 3/day--fell a little spacy, tho, but i think pain is going down--keep in touch-L