Anyone have a severe histimine reaction?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lvjesus, Dec 23, 2009.

1. lvjesus

lvjesus Member

I have been suffering with a cold for the last few days but most of my symptoms are allergy symptoms, mainly itchy, watery eyes, sneezing, etc and I have found the most relief with allergy meds. Today my eyes have been unbelievably dry and burning and red but 2 allergy pills made me feel almost normal and I googled "severe histimine reaction" and found this article. I found it interesting and thought you all might too.
  2. peachums

peachums Member

I have had MANY histamines reactions. My internal clock goes all wacky and I am sweating and cold at the same time. I have more bowel movements, I get soooo tired but cannot sleep, and I can't stop yawning.

This "attack" lasts about 24 hours. It is lessened with sudafed but not stopped. I think it is something I ate but I have not been able to track it down.

I take 2 sudafed and 1 zyrtec a day to try and prevent these attacks. Also to keep my nose from stuffing up!!

Any ideas on what this is??

I do have fibro.
  3. italiano

italiano New Member

what allergy med works for you? maybe i should try 2 a day. thanks.
  4. ulala

ulala New Member

reactions. I can scratch my back and get a welt.

There's a new med OTC called Histame that you ocan take 15 minutes before eating foods that cause histamine rections. I get it at the health food store.

I also feel much beter if I follow a strict no wheat, daiiry, red meat, sugar free diet. If you do a search on this site for MATN she put herself in remission through diet and got back toplaying tennis 4-5 hours a day.
  5. lvjesus

lvjesus Member

Yesterday when I woke up all cold/allergy symptoms were gone. I feel like it is a cold because we all have one. My daughter started and I followed and my husband has it too. But taking 2 allergy pills (generic zyrtec) during the day and 2 bendryl at night worked the best. It was so weird on Wednesday though. I woke up with my eyes burning like they were on fire, felt very bad at work and took 2 more zyrtec when I got home and laid down and felt better. Then, like I said, yesterday when I woke up all that was gone. But the fibro fatigue was back with a vengence.

I can't figure that part out. I don't know if it is just a case of the other symtoms keeping me from noticing the fatigue as fibro and thinking it is just part of the general crappy feeling or what. Weird.
  6. italiano

italiano New Member

it's the general crappy feeling!
    It's too complex and exhausting to try and figure it out! take care and thank you! happy holiday.
  7. rocky76

rocky76 Member

Zantac is an antihistamine that is used to treat seasonal allergies. Also known as Ranitidine, it was originally used as an over-the-counter acid reflux medication. However studies have shown, that it's also a great way of treating airborne allergies from pollen, to mold to hay fever.

How it works

Since it's an antihistamine, it doesn't treat the root cause of the allergies. Rather it treats the common allergy symptoms which include runny nose, itchy, watery eyes, headache, sneezing and stuffy head. When the body encounters something that it's allergic to it attacks it which causes these symptoms. An antihistamine blocks the histamine the body produces, making the symptoms much more bearable.