Anyone have a Tempurpedic bed?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by IgotYou, Aug 24, 2003.

1. IgotYou

IgotYou New Member

Our tempurpedic bed just came and after the second night on it I want to cry. I hurt all over. I was told it takes a week or two to break them in. Anyone have experience with these beds? Can you encourage me?
  2. Ellie

Ellie New Member

And it does take aleast a week to get use too. I hurt bad in my hip area, once your body gets use to it you will feel like sleeping on a cloud. They are great. Good luck Aloha Ellie
  3. MiahRoo

MiahRoo New Member

But I do have a sleep number bed. I can't believe I ever lived without it. It's the most comfortable, amazing bed. My soon to be mother in law was very generous and bought it for us when my fiance moved in with me since I had a full sized bed at the time and I need much more space than that when I sleep. So now we have this massive king sized sleep number bed with pillows so heavenly I don't ever travel without them. You can adjust the firmness/softness of the bed at any time and each side has it's own air chamber so each person can have their own prefered comfort level. Plus you can hardly feel any movement in it when your partner tosses and turns during the night. So depending on my pain, where it is and how badly it hurts, I can adjust the bed to make me most comfortable. All three of my cats actually own the bed, they are just kind enough to allow us to sleep in it. lol. You should see them on there all day long, so cozy and comfy on the bed. So I must say that I give high praise to this bed so if anybody is thinking of buying a new bed...go to a sleep number store and check it out. They'll give you the demo and you can try out everything. We were sold within 2 minutes even though the sales guy kept on trying to sell for over half an hour. lol

I really hope your bed works out for you IgotYou. It's so important for us to have comfortable, restful sleep. Good luck!
  4. catsii

catsii New Member

I've had mine for bit over 2 years now...i think! Don't know how i ever managed without it! I'm in the process of moving to another apt now and have been sleeping on regular mattress the past few nights...and have suffered so much..can't wait to get my tempurpedic back. I wake up each morning and can't straighten up and my feet don't move just like before i had the tempurpedic !

It did take me a few nights to get used to it..but after that, it did wonders for me and my fms mornings !

Good Luck
    catsii
  5. mamacilla

mamacilla New Member

igotyou,
    i hope you have adjusted by now! the tempurpedic purchase is the best thing we have ever done! we have had it for a little over 5 years now. it's the best money we've ever spent, and with a 20 year guarantee, it can't be beat.
  6. lovabuga

lovabuga New Member

HI,WE GOT OURS 8 MONTHS AGO AND I FOUND THAT IF YOU DON'T STAY IN BED PAST 8 HOURS IT IS GREAT.I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM WITH IT THAT I JUST WANTED TO CRY.I DID HOWEVER FIND THAT WHEN IT GETS COLD AN ELECTRIC BLANKET ON LOW MAKES IT A BIT SOFTER AND YOU DON'T WAKE UP SO STIFF.I KNOW THAT THEY SAY NOT TO USE AN ELECTRIC BLANKET AS IT WILL TURN TO MUSH,BUT I NEED THE EXTRA HEAT.GOOD LUCK WITH IT AND KEEP US POSTED.I THINK I'M GETTING USED TO IT TOO,

LOVABUGA