Anyone have an allergic reaction to Lortab?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lvjesus, Jul 20, 2006.

1. lvjesus

lvjesus Member

I have been taking this for pain and I take 1/2 as needed but at night when I lay down to sleep, I am itchy all over. I am wondering if this is from the Lortab and if anyone else has experienced this?

Thanks,
    Sonya
  2. mrsjethro

mrsjethro New Member

Well, I guess I'll just let you in on how goofy I actually am, I never even thought of it being an allergic reaction.

I can't take Lortabs and that's one of the reasons. I can take Lorcets just fine though and don't have all of that itchy, creepy crawly feeling.

I don't have any idea what the difference in the two is, I just know which ones I can and can't take. You might try the others. I actually get better pain relief from the Lorcets than the Lortabs, too.

Good Luck,
    MrsJ
  3. lvjesus

lvjesus Member

Yes, I am not swelling, etc, just itching. It does help with the pain. I start with a half and then as the pain comes back I take another half.

I don't have the itching until about the fourth half. It is my husbands from his surgery. I need some pain relief around my monthly cycle and am afraid to ask my doc.

Thanks everyone.

Sonya
  4. glenda2

glenda2 New Member

hello i itch all the time (take alot of benadryl) but i had the itch befor loratab. itching is also just one of the lucky things you get with fibro. i have several books on fibro and itch is in all of them you can also look it up on the web. but if you don't have it without the loratab you may have to ask the dr. to give you something else. good luck!

[ advertisement ]