Anyone have an EASY stuffing recipe--- ?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Granniluvsu, Nov 20, 2011.

1. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Well-Known Member

that is yummy too !!I have been using the Pepperdge Farm stuffing mix for years which has been a great help to me. I used to make the giblet stuffing and used the broth from cooking the neck, giblets, etc. I also used the usual onioncs, celery sauteed in butter, etc. and more traditional stuffing herbs.

I'm tired of fussing with the giblets, etc. gettiing them out of the frozen bird to start cooking them, so I can start the stuffing or dressing (depending if you are from up north or down south). We always called it stuffing:)!! Occasionally I would add an egg or two . I know Mom occasionally would put in sausage and chop the giblets, etc real fine or put them in the blender or food processor. I started doing that when the kids were small and they didn;pt like all the little things in there :)! . I think I added sausage one time also. I just got a recipe for stuffing with sausage and granny smith apples on line.

I may try that one with the sausage and the apple too. That might really make it different.

Just wondering if anyone had someother great ideas for a quick but yummy stuffing/dressing?

2. Granniluvsu

If any of you use sausage what kind do you use. One recipe calles for Italian sweet sausage. Other recipes I think calls for other kinds of sausage.

Thanks for any other ideas.

3. rocky76

rocky76 Member

Just stuff it with Prozac....
    I figure that will stop any family fights...
    Should be my first mellow Thanksgiving...
  4. lgp

lgp Well-Known Member

I could not respond to you on this post, because when I copied and pasted my stuffing recipe from my file, it went all askew! Only would post correctly on a new post!! Go figure. But it's on the board callled 'Holiday Stuffing Recipe'. I have used this recipe for years and have passed it on to many friends who still use it. I add a granny smith apple to the onions when sauteeing.

As for the sausage, I do not care for the flavor of Italian sausage in the stuffing; I prefer the Jones pork sausage in the tube as indicated in the recipe.

Hope you enjoy it!!

5. Granniluvsu

Thanks again for your recipe. it sounds really good and similar to one I got off line. I like to make it the day before and then just heat up in microwave when it is needed. Unfortunatly, I do not have a double oven like I used to have. Boo hoo. Do not need it most of the time but at this time of year I sure would love a double oven again.

The turkey will most likely be still in the oven. Do you cook yours at 350? I always have but somehow sometimes it takes forever to cook. i use a meat thermometer to tell when it is cooked. It is a 20 lb. turkey !!

Hugz and blessings,
  6. wildflowers23

wildflowers23 Member

potatoes, parsley, celery, onion, bread. seasonings to taste
    Dice potatoes,parsley, celery, onion, bread-( cube)

Mix and put in bottom of pan and put turkey on top. You can either add a a bit of butter, i use olive oil.

The old fashioned ways was to dice everything up and then fry it in a pan , then add a few eggs and scramble it in. Then put it in the pan with the turkey
    They used to mix the livers and gizzards in it too.
    I put 2 packs of gizzards in mine as I love them.

I put my turkey on at 6pm the night before at 200 degrees. By lunch the next day its all nice an moist, golden brown and ready to fall off the bone- NO carving!
  7. Granniluvsu

That surely sounds good with not to much fuss. I may try that one to another time. Don;t have the stuff for that "recipe".

Well, I am off now to make my sausage stuffing with apple - this is the first time but it does sound delicious. Hope it is enough for my group. There should be with the other stuff I am cooking anyway.

I'm off to start stuffing now. So, bye for now.

Happy Thanksgiving to ALL !!

8. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Throw in some dried cherries and pecans. Delicious!

Love, Mikie