Anyone have an immune deficiency??

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by angiecw71, Sep 8, 2006.

1. angiecw71

angiecw71 New Member

Does anyone have an immune deficiency. Mine is called hypogammaglobulinemia, (low IgG). I cannot fight of infections very well. I may have to start having IVIG therepay which is where I will have to go to the hospital once a month or home health nurse will come here and have antibodies put in me since my body doesn't produce enought to fight infections.

I just finished 4 weeks of IV antibiotics at home. I am sick again with sinus infection and ear infections.

Also my eyes stay real dark and sunken in all the time since I have been sick very dark underneath and sunken in and dark on the eyelid too. Does any one else experience that. I never ever feel good any more just want to go to bed.

Thanks for you replies,
    Angie
  2. angiecw71

angiecw71 New Member

3. tscattaglia

tscattaglia New Member

Hi Angie,

I have no IGA, and I guess I have been that way all my life. As per my research, they cannot do a thing about it. I am glad you can have the IVIG. My son had that done when he was about 5 yrs old, just once. This was before they had all the IG testings, I have just had him tested am awaiting the results. Is you condition genetic? Take care,
    Tscattaglia
  4. angiecw71

angiecw71 New Member

Thanks for responding. I don't think mine was genetic. Although my Infectious Disease doctors do think that I was born with it because I have been sick alot. Now that I have gotten older (35) he says it is harder for my body to fight it.

I have heard that it could be genetic, and that if yours is IgA that you can't have the IVIG done. Sorry that you couldn't have it done.

Do you get sick a lot because of it???? I know I sure do..
    I stay sick all the time.

Angie[This Message was Edited on 09/08/2006]
  5. tscattaglia

tscattaglia New Member

OK I was just checking, because if you have children or brothers, sisters its good to know. xoxo

Recently, I have been sick constantly, but kind of fluish, with no GI problems, a few respiratory problems as well. I cant figure it out, but altleast I know why I have been sick all the time lately.[This Message was Edited on 09/08/2006]