Anyone have an opinion on a good bed?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by highmonkey, Aug 30, 2002.

1. highmonkey

highmonkey New Member

Hey all,

The time has come to replaced my old spring mattress and I was thinking about trying something more funky to see if it'll help with the pain / sleep. Thus, I'd love to hear if anyone has any recommendations on what helped them sleep better.

Thanks!
  2. highmonkey

highmonkey New Member

Hey all,

The time has come to replaced my old spring mattress and I was thinking about trying something more funky to see if it'll help with the pain / sleep. Thus, I'd love to hear if anyone has any recommendations on what helped them sleep better.

Thanks!
  3. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Now this is a subject with a lot of different opinions!

I just put 'beds' in 'Search Messages' at the top of this page and 180 posts came up! If you want just go and look over the posts for yourself. You will never read them all!

I have an extra firm Posturpetic mattress, with a feather bed on top of that and a 'wireless' heating pad on top of the feather bed!

I am now considering a 'Cuddle Ewe' too.

Some like a soft bed, others waterbeds etc.

Just go have a look and see what they all have to say.

Shalom, Shirl
  4. judee

judee New Member

My daughter has been in terrible pain when she gets into bed. We went into Brookstones the other day and tried out one of those formfitting mattresses. The only problem is that they start at like a thousand dollars. If I win the lottery I would get her one. It is so frusterating when I don't have the money to supply what she needs to help relieve her pain. But then again if I can buy her a good nights sleep maybe I will just keep saving up the money.
    Judee
  5. MicheleF

MicheleF New Member

I'm new since you've posted last. Please let us know what you decide to go with...there's been so many differing (but wonderful) opinions about what works best, I think I'm going to wait a couple of months, then tally up the votes!!

Hope you're doing well. Michele
  6. kadywill

kadywill New Member

eggcrate mattress covers if you burn up at night like I do....IMO, the latex/foam rubbery-stuff holds in body heat and I just can't stand it. My loving husband, who is clueless, bought us a new mattress a year or so ago at some jack-leg roadside place (I assume) for a whopping $100.00! Believe me, you GET what you PAY for and the thing slides all over the place and has absolutely no support. I am not a thin woman and my shoulders just kill me when I sleep. I can only imagine how bad it would be if I were bony!! (Now there's a blessing in disguise." I'd like to be suspended in water all night with nothin' touchin' nothin'....any ideas?????
    Be well,
    Kady
  7. hbic

hbic New Member

I didnt get one because the mat I had for my futton was made of exactly the same thing, and I had been sleeping on that on the living room floor for a long time. Then my PT mentioned that he had seen this, and I looked into it and discovered I allready had one... They are great. I promise.. If you can find a Futton Mattress that is stuffed with Wool batting and cotton ticking, your in luck, cuz it should be cheaper than the 200 sumthing dollaros they want for a "SINGLE" . GREAT STUFF THOUGH>> OH BOY!!!!!!!!!