Anyone have any great raw food recipes? Here's my favorite one.

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Kimelia, Jul 27, 2006.

1. Kimelia

Kimelia New Member

I want to eat more raw foods but need recipes that are easy and taste good.

I'll start it with one of mine.

I have a small handheld electric processor. You don't need anything fancy.

Raw cauliflower. I put it in a food processor until the pieces are tiny. I remove the cauliflower and put it in a bowl. Then I put tomatos in the processor. I add a little stevia before i process it. I let it keep going till it gets nice and fluffy, pinkish. You can also process some red onion and or carrot if you like. I add them together and salt it to taste, it's really good to me. YJou can also add other things like different herbs. ust findout what you like. It tastes kinda like coleslaw to me. You can play with it and do what you want with it.

[This Message was Edited on 07/27/2006]
  2. Kimelia

Kimelia New Member

Kewl, let me know what you think.. Any other recipe ideas out there? :) I would like ot start leaning more on raw foods but I know for me I will have to have some good recipes to stick to it.
  3. Kimelia

Kimelia New Member

Recipes pleaze! :D
  4. tonakay

tonakay New Member

I'm in Ohio reading away eating my cucumber ( with sea salt ) out of my garden......
  5. Kimelia

Kimelia New Member

Oh that sounds yummy! at least it's raw!
  6. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

I like "Muockamole"

Two avocados, mashed little lime juice or lemon, chopped mint,(or cilantro) chopped tomatoes, any herbs you like, soft tofu or nuechtafel creamed cheese(if you want, or add more avocados instead for totally raw foods). Stor all of this with wooden spoon.

Add in any other finely chopped veggies, green beans, spinach, raw beets, celery, nuts anything you have to hand, apples are nice and celery.

You end up with a big bowl of something that looks like dip but is in fact a complete meal. I serve with blue corn organic chips and usually do a side of steamed green beans and onion/garlic with garbonzo beans in an apple cider vinegar with some basil, raw sugar or stevia(a tad) and EVOO.

For desert, cherries.....

Love Anne Cromwell -- we had this today!!!
  7. Lolalee

Lolalee New Member

I just love this...

1 bunch broccoli (chopped into bite-size pieces)
    1/2 lb. bacon, cooked and crumbled
    1/2 c. toasted chopped walnuts
    1/2 c. raisins
    2 tbsp. minced red onion
    1/2 c. mayo (I use Hellman's)
    2 tbsp. vinegar (I use white wine vinegar)
    1 tbsp. sugar

Mix broccoli, bacon, walnuts, red onion and raisins together. Mix mayo, vinegar, and sugar together. If the dressing is too thick, you can add a little water or milk until you reach desired consistency. Pour dressing over broccoli mix and combine well.

The bacon really does give this dish a delicious taste, but you can leave it out. If you do omit the bacon, add a little salt and pepper.

Lolalee
  8. Kimelia

Kimelia New Member

Keep em coming. Gonna write these down, and the ones yet to come. I had trouble eating raw broccoli, I would so rather cook it but this recipe sounds good. I will probably omit a few things and try to find things to replace them with.. That will be hard. I think the raisins will definately help!

The avocado dish sounds awesome. I will just have to watch how much of it I eat. My metabolism is really slow and if i'm not careful... :0 I'm trying to add some very low fat dishes to my diet..
  9. Lolalee

Lolalee New Member

This is a Barefoot Contessa recipe. It is delicious!!!

Beets with Orange Vinaigrette

3 (15 oz.) cans baby beets drained
    2 Tbsp. raspberry vinegar
    2 Tbsp. freshly sqeezed orange juice
    3 Tbsp. olive oil
    1/2 tsp. sugar
    1 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
    1/2 tsp. freshly ground pepper
    1/2 cup small diced red onion
    zest of two navel oranges
    segments of 2 navel oranges

Dice beets into 1/2-inch cubes. Combine remaining ingredients in a small bowl then pour over beets and mix well. Taste for salt and pepper and serve cold or at room temperature.

You can, of course, substitute cooked fresh beets. I used the canned and took this dish to a potluck supper. It was a hit!! I like it served at room temp.

Lolalee
  10. kholmes

kholmes New Member

I used to make raw flax crackers, using a dehydrator.
    I have a number of raw food books.

Got any more raw recipes?

Kholmes
  11. Tantallon

Tantallon New Member

1 carton natural bio yoghurt
    2 sticks celery (chopped)
    1 1/2 of a red pepper (chopped)
    1 1/2 of a green pepper (chopped)
    2 generous handfuls of raisins
    2 apples (chopped
    Generous handful of nuts (almonds, hazelnuts, brazil)

Mix all this together and refrigerate. Whenever you feel peckish simply pop into a dish. Delish and healthy.

P.S. Don't add onions as they spoil the whole lot, I found this out the hard way!

[This Message was Edited on 07/29/2006]
  12. Daisys

Daisys Member

I really like Trader Joe's Red Pepper Tomato soup and drink it cold in the summer.
    I made up a batch of my own:
    1 cup tomatoes (or can use a can of diced tomatoes)
    1 cup bell peppers (I used roasted yellow and red)
    1 green onion
    1 garlic clove
    1 cup milk (or plain kefir)
    salt to taste
    opt: cumin or cardamon to taste
    blend until smooth and chill. You may want to add water if you like it thinner.
  13. Denamay

Denamay New Member

14. Lolalee

Lolalee New Member

Here is another recipe

Peeled and shredded carrots - 2 cups
    1/4 cup golden raisins
    1/4 cup mayo

Mix all ingredients and keep refrigerated.

You can add or substitute small can crushed pineapple (drain off most of liquid) or chopped apple (sprinkle apple with few drops of lemon juice to retain color).

Lolalee

15. dannybex

dannybex Member

Don't want to rain on anyone's parade, but wanted to note that organic raw foods may be loaded with parasites (think about what they're fertilized with!) or have considerable molds (like raisins or peanuts or some fruits), so it's very important to give them a quick blanch (boil), or perhaps soak them in hydrogen peroxide or GSE to try and kill any possible "buggers"...

And many can't digest raw foods, and cooking them actually makes them more digestible.